Spa balcony on dream vs concierge class on celebrity solstice??

jacquid

Hi y'all !! Here's the situation. Have deposit on carnival dream spa balcony andconceirge class on celebrity solstice and need to make decision asap!! Love the fact the spa balcony on dream is in secluded spa complex and have unlimited use of spa amenities. Love upscale of celebrity solstice but no spa included in cabin price. Itenararies been done on both before so it's more about pampered relaxation experience. Any advice? Anyone been on both and can offer comparison? Is the spa balcony on dream worth turning down luxury on solstice? Is food service and entertainment upgraded on dream ?

Any help would be so greatly appreciated!!!

Hey there! We just returned from the 9/18 Dream sailing and had a spa balcony (cabin 12214). I was really looking forward to staying in the spa area but the location of our cabin was horrible and not quiet at all. We were right below one of the the water slide entrances so we heard kids running and stomping overhead everyday and since the slides were open for most of the day (and every time we wanted to take a nap) that seemed to be the main sound in our cabin, sometimes louder than our tv. If you end up booking a spa cabin on the Dream I recommend booking one on the 11th deck and not the 12th.

We haven't been on the Solstice but we have sailed with Celebrity in the concierge class rooms before and absolutely loved it! Our room was quiet and everything worked out well. I prefer Celebrity to Carnival anyway so I'm a little bias but I would go with Celebrity :)

Hey there! We just returned from the 9/18 Dream sailing and had a spa balcony (cabin 12214). I was really looking forward to staying in the spa area but the location of our cabin was horrible and not quiet at all. We were right below one of the the water slide entrances so we heard kids running and stomping overhead everyday and since the slides were open for most of the day (and every time we wanted to take a nap) that seemed to be the main sound in our cabin, sometimes louder than our tv. If you end up booking a spa cabin on the Dream I recommend booking one on the 11th deck and not the 12th.

We haven't been on the Solstice but we have sailed with Celebrity in the concierge class rooms before and absolutely loved it! Our room was quiet and everything worked out well. I prefer Celebrity to Carnival anyway so I'm a little bias but I would go with Celebrity :)

Does Celebrity compete with Carnival from a price perspective?

We have booked the Spa balcony on the Magic and we took a room on the opposite side of the water slides on the 12th floor.

I'm not sure what Celebrity prices are now or what they are for the Caribbean cruises because when we were looking to book our latest trip they didn't have anything that fit our dates. But when we did a 10 day Med cruise with them back in '07 it was the same price we paid for our latest 7 day western Caribbean cruise with Carnival.

Archived