Pre-Cruise hotel stay and transportation

Debbie1029

I am considering 2 different cruises for New Year's Eve. My biggest issue in making a decision is the airport to port transportation if I fly in the night before. Can anyone chime in on hotel/transfer deals in Port Canaveral (flying into Orlando, prefer to stay near port) and the same in Miami? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

I am considering 2 different cruises for New Year's Eve. My biggest issue in making a decision is the airport to port transportation if I fly in the night before. Can anyone chime in on hotel/transfer deals in Port Canaveral (flying into Orlando, prefer to stay near port) and the same in Miami? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Hi Debbie. go to Departure ports and take a look. there are florida ports seperate from east coast departures. You will find help there .

From Orlando it is about an hour drive to the port. From Miami it is just a few minutes drive to the port. So it is much easier and quicker to cruise from Miami.

Check the Florida departures board. There is lots of info there.

Yep, Marie is correct. Miami is a much easier/closer transfer. Not only that, but a night in SoBe is sooo much nicer than a night in Canaveral (unless a shuttle is launching).

On my first Carnival cruise, we spent the night before in a hotel right on the beach, and about 4-5 blocks from the south beach "strip". We found a cuban deli, took some amazing food to the beach and ate dinner with our toes in the sand. It was close enough to enjoy the hot night scene yet far enough that the noise did not keep us up.

So, my vote is Miami, and just grab a cab at the airport. No advanced transfers needed.

Enjoy!

We stay at the Econo Lodge in Cocoa- 888-721-9423. That's about 5 minutes from the Cape Canaveral port. They have a free shuttle to and from the port. Cost is around $80. Rooms are nice, very clean and they have a free hot breakfast every morning. We also leave our car there for free for our cruise from this port.

We drive the day before our cruises to other Florida ports and now stay there the night before our criuise as its not far from 95.

Archived