No more cabins for 2+

G&TQ

Our friend the shark gave me a funny message this morning so I went to the RCI site. No more cabins for more the 2 are available. The cruise is 6 months out. Now it is spring break so I guess a lot of folks are booking now, but man I had several to pick from on different levels did not realize they go that quick. glad I did not wait for the WOW sale. It would not have been worth the OBC.

Happy cruising!

Our friend the shark gave me a funny message this morning so I went to the RCI site. No more cabins for more the 2 are available. The cruise is 6 months out. Now it is spring break so I guess a lot of folks are booking now, but man I had several to pick from on different levels did not realize they go that quick. glad I did not wait for the WOW sale. It would not have been worth the OBC.

Happy cruising!

A ship can't necessarily sail with every 3/4 berth filled due to lifeboat/life jacket limitations. It occasionally happens in the summer, Christmas time, and spring break that a sailing will be limiting passengers per cabin to 2.

The port authority dictates whether or not rooms can be filled to max capacity. This depends on the time of year and whether or not the sailing is full or not. This is what my travel agent told me when she called Royal Caribbean about booking more than two people per room. Royal Caribbean told her that they don't control the max passenger ratio, the port authority does.

The port authority dictates whether or not rooms can be filled to max capacity. This depends on the time of year and whether or not the sailing is full or not. This is what my travel agent told me when she called Royal Caribbean about booking more than two people per room. Royal Caribbean told her that they don't control the max passenger ratio, the port authority does.

Your TA has no clue, it is determined by the size of the ship and total lifeboat seats. It is capacity controlled but not by the port authority. If many 3/4 berths are taken then they actually have to stop selling some rooms in order to have the correct number of lifeboat available

I thought there were redundancies in place as far as vest and lifeboats. More the could possibly be used at least that is what I herd about carnival. Interesting. Now I have more research to do.

Redundancies aren't the point.

There is a total number of souls allowed onboard.

It is based on safety standards which involve places in lifeboats.

When that maximum number is reached, ON ANY SHIP, no more people are allowed.

Merion_Mom,

Your right, some just mentioned that it was due to lifeboat and jackets limitations. I always thought there were more Lifeboats and jackets then could possibly be needed.

I just looked and all the cabins which would hold more the two are booked.

Glad I booked when I did.

Happy sailing.

Archived