On Board Questions

aquashores

Can repeat cruisers pls tell me:

1.Is the in room safe large enough to store a laptop

2.Is beer included (husband's question!!) and is there a decent selection of it?

3.What is the cost of daily wi/fi internet use?

4. Do men generally need a blazer?

thanks!

1. Yes

2. Yes - terrific selections of wine, beer and alcohol, and wonderful mixed drinks - all free.

3. Courtesy of the Paul Gauguin website (pgcruises.com):

The ship is equipped with a state-of-the-art communication system. An Internet Center is centrally located with seven computers. In addition, guests can take advantage of WiFi Hot Spots in the Piano Bar, La Palette, Pool Deck, Pool Bar, all suites on Deck 8, and all suites/staterooms on Deck 7 from 701 to 726.

Internet access is available for a nominal fee. After a one-time account activation fee of $3.95, applicable to all users at first login, guests may choose from the following three plans:

• Time Plan #1: $62.50 for 250 minutes ($0.25 per minute)

• Time Plan #2: $35 for 100 minutes ($0.35 per minute)

• Pay As You Go: $0.55 per minute

Please note that plan upgrades are not available, and no credit is given for unused minutes. The Internet Café is open 24 hours. Pay-as-you-go is available until 10:00 p.m. the last night of the cruise. Time Plan minutes can be used until 10:00 a.m. the following day.

4. Most men never wear blazers - the few that do only do it on Captain's reception. These are the South Seas - informality reigns supreme!

Can repeat cruisers pls tell me:

1.Is the in room safe large enough to store a laptop

2.Is beer included (husband's question!!) and is there a decent selection of it?

3.What is the cost of daily wi/fi internet use?

4. Do men generally need a blazer?

thanks!

1. I disagree with Joe, no it's not big enough for a laptop--a netbook or ipad maybe. But you don't really need to lock up a laptop. Of course you could bring a cable lock but I wouldn't bother.

2. Lots of Heineken and the local (very good beer) Hinano. Not sure about other brands, but they have Bud for sure.

4. No.

The safe is NOT large enough for a laptop. It will fit a couple of wallets, pills, docs, etc, but that is it. Honestly, no need to lock up your laptop with the type of passengers on this sailing.

You already have the answer for the Internet plans. I went through about $120 on my 14 night cruise because of the many times I SKYPED.

Leave the jacket at home :)

I found the safe to be unusually small -- smaller than most hotel safes.

I travel with a considerable amount of jewelry (have to wear it somewhere) and I had to squeeze it in.

Personally, I would not worry about leaving a laptop in the cabin. My husband had a $5000 camera which he left in the cabin and we were not the least bit worried.

I found the safe to be unusually small -- smaller than most hotel safes.

I travel with a considerable amount of jewelry (have to wear it somewhere) and I had to squeeze it in.

Personally, I would not worry about leaving a laptop in the cabin. My husband had a $5000 camera which he left in the cabin and we were not the least bit worried.

I concur with all of the above.

Also...once you have enough nights on the PG...Internet is free!:D

If you have sailed before (on the Regent run PG) make sure you tell the Hotel Manager. They will usually grandfather in your Gold or Silver Seven Seas Society status.

Archived