Photos of Epic Restaurants - Most Romantic Table / Restaurant ??Place ??

AnnArbor_707

The Epic website has VERY limited pictures of the restaurants. We'll probably do one or two specialty restaurants and want to make sure we're wise on the choices. My girlfriend is not a big eater so dining is usually more about getting dolled up and having an "awesome" table either with a view of the water or just in a "romantic" setting to a little bit of wine and for sure a picture of us for her facebook album, haha....

Does anyone have any opinions that can be expressed or backed up with pictures ?

I appreciate any and all help!!

There was an entire thread on this recently...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1239036

Mike: Thanks for the heads up man. Actually if you look you'd see I was posting on that thread so I did know it existed. There were zero pictures and just people's random opinions with no backup data (pictures). The point of this one is to see pictures of tables or the restaurants. There are people from 18-90 yrs old with all types of tastes on these boards and I was hoping with pictures it would take out the subjectivity.

Anyone have any pictures of your favorite restaurant table ?

Mike: Thanks for the heads up man. Actually if you look you'd see I was posting on that thread so I did know it existed. There were zero pictures and just people's random opinions with no backup data (pictures). The point of this one is to see pictures of tables or the restaurants. There are people from 18-90 yrs old with all types of tastes on these boards and I was hoping with pictures it would take out the subjectivity.

Anyone have any pictures of your favorite restaurant table ?

No one else gets the couples pic at a nice table when you're out to eat ? Must be a younger thing..... I just find it so hard to believe there are no pictures of these restaurants.....

I have some table pictures, but a group of 10 chowing down on swords of meat isn't exactly romantic. ;)

Based on what I saw, I would have to exclude the oriental restaurants from your list. They were nice, but brightly lit and with often with clanging knives and giant balls of flame from "onion volcanoes". The Garden Cafe, The Great Outdoors, Spice H20, Taste and Pizza Delivery are probably out too. ;)

Moderno and Cagneys were both nice. Dark colors and medium lighting. However, Moderno was all about the food. Lots of visits from servers, and lots of groans from eating too much. :) I would narrow it down to Cagneys, La Cuchina, and Le Bistro. Loved the views from the Italian place, but there were more kids there than others since spaghetti and pizza are kid staples, and at $10 it attracted a lot of families, not romantic couples. The view was gorgeous though.

Mike: You're the man. It looks like there's some window seating behind you..... is that true ? Of the 3 that you are "recommending" can you remember if there was seating on a window over-looking the water at any of them ?

Cagneys: $25 steak..... dark lit and good views ? Any other comments about table location or views ?

La Cuchina: $10 / Italian and great views, however possibility to have a lot of kids. Any chance you could elaborate on the "great views" comment ? :)

Le Bistro: $20 / French place..... but any other thing you could remember about it ?

To be honest it's all about the setting and if they have a table with a cool view..... if anyone has an opinion post up! I'm more than appreciative to just get an opinion, but pictures say a 1,000 words!

Moderno and Cagneys were both nice. Dark colors and medium lighting. However, Moderno was all about the food. Lots of visits from servers, and lots of groans from eating too much. :) I would narrow it down to Cagneys, La Cuchina, and Le Bistro. Loved the views from the Italian place, but there were more kids there than others since spaghetti and pizza are kid staples, and at $10 it attracted a lot of families, not romantic couples. The view was gorgeous though.

I have to agree with Mike on these choices. While we didn't eat at Cagney's, we did eat at Moderno and they are connected with a similar atmosphere (and Mike is right about lots of visits from servers as they just keep brining the meat!). We were a group of 17 so not too many romantic dinners for us this cruise :)

My suggestion would be to book either La Cucina or Le Bistro for the first night of the cruise. We did La Cucina the first night and it was only 1/4 full with lots of empty tables along the windows. This picture will give you an idea of the window tables based on the view behind us

291-1.jpg

And here are a couple of shots to give you an idea of Le Bistro although I would not say it was as intimate as it was on the Pride but the food was very good and the desserts were the best we had all week!

370.jpg

368.jpg

Check out my pix at http://picasaweb.google.com/erdoran. I have pix of Moderno, Le Bistro and La Cucina...well, probably all the restaurants actually!! My vote would be La Cucina for views because it has a drop dead gorgeous front of the ship view if you get a window table. My friends and I did Le Bistro and were very, very, very disappointed in the staff, the food, and the service (and I am NOT picky at all!). Others have had much better experiences; perhaps it was because we came as a group of solo cruisers rather than a couple. The service at La Cucina was superb, the staff was friendly, and the food was delicious (as it is everywhere on the Epic).

La Cucina pic http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/NlAJOs_jUx3wr76aqo8xig?feat=directlink

You can't see the view because it was early evening and foggy, but it is wonderful when the weather is decent! At least you can see the table and the window, use your imagination to see the ocean and the bow of the ship. The view would look like this

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/a9Wqo2Tr9aqs2ZGe4gijPg?feat=directlink

minus the window frame and the fog! And that's if you pick a spot directly in the very front. There are most likely wonderful side views without the bow as well. I'd recommend that you go there BEFORE your dinner and scope the place out, check out the views and pick the window you want to sit by, then talk to the maitre d' about being seated exactly where you want to sit.

Moderno pic showing window

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/eYqgPBbEmHkjvkw-XvmvtQ?feat=directlink

This one is very dark on the interior, but if you go to the full album I have several of Moderno which show the interior better, but not the window. You get an aft view from Moderno. Cagney's is on the other side.

I have a couple of Le Bistro in the collection but they don't show windows so I didn't include them, there are lots of Le Bistro ones around.

Archived