Which would you choose?

Ivy1908

Ive never been to Nassau...only Freeport, Bahamas but I thought it was lovely! All 3 cruises go to St. Thomas and San Juan. The only difference is Antigua & Tortola plus an extra day OR Half Moon Cay & Grand Turk and one less day.

I'd be reluctant to take the 8 day because I've been to Nassau so many times. Although I've would love to visit Antigua, I wasn't impressed with Tortola. It was is really small island and if I had the choice of Tortola or St Thomas, I'd pick St. Thomas. Also, I'm in no rush to return to San Juan. So, there's only 1 port I'd be looking forward to visiting on the 8 day.

I'd pick the 7 day on Liberty over Valor being the younger between the 2. Half Moon Cay is paradise, love the pool at Grand Turk, St Thomas is beautiful with the mountains, and San Juan is.....San Juan :D

Also, I'm in the minority where 7 days it just the right amount of time at sea for me.

The DReam has an Eastern one for May 21? June 4 is too late (trying to go over Memorial Day weekend...one less vacation day to use :p

It looks like Eastern May 2011 date is May 21 then it puts you on June 4th.

Western is on May 28th. Every other week alternating...

Good luck picking :)

Help! Which would you choose and why? :confused:

My cousin and I want to take an Eastern Caribbean cruise near the end of May 2011. We are celebrating her birthday and my graduation. Prices are all within $150 of each other. We are in the 30-40 ish age group. We've narrowed it down to 3 cruises.

8 Day Eastern Caribbean from Ft. Lauderdale on the Freedom

Ports of call: Ft. Lauderdale, San Juan, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau

7 Day Eastern Caribbean from Miami on the Liberty

Ports of call: Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk

7 Day Eastern Caribbean from Miami on the Valor

Thanks!:D

Tough call.

The 8 day is a great itinerary. If you haven't been to Antigua or Tortola - go - they are both amazing. Also the Freedom is a great ship, and Fort Lauderdale is a great embarkation port.

Of course, Half Moon Cay is also amazing!! Would go again in a hearbeat.

Miami is wonderful during sailaway.

In the end the 8 day wins out for me!

Yea, this itinerary looks awesome to me too! I think with the 8 day you get to stay in the ports longer and we would get to visit San Juan at nite (5pm -12 midnite)....we are strongly leaning towards the 8 day over the other 2 cruises!

Tough call.

The 8 day is a great itinerary. If you haven't been to Antigua or Tortola - go - they are both amazing. Also the Freedom is a great ship, and Fort Lauderdale is a great embarkation port.

Of course, Half Moon Cay is also amazing!! Would go again in a hearbeat.

Miami is wonderful during sailaway.

In the end the 8 day wins out for me!

Thanks I found it! I think the Freedom did just get the Chef's Table in July :D So thats great news! I tried the Steak House and it was fabulous! We also did the Behind the Scenes Fun Tour and it was great also. Cant wait to try this :p

They all have sushi and steakhouse, not sure about Chef's (as I never do it). Search the threads, Mach just had a post about who has Chef's....

Thanks! I believe the 8 day will be the one for us! :D An extra day and longer time in the ports, plus Antiqua & Tortola. I'm loving the ports on this one :p

I'll have to check out Half Moon Cay when we have a bigger group going so we can rent a cabana.

As previously posted, the 8 day. Anytime you can stay on the ship longer, makes it better.

What state are you in? We are going on an eastern Caribbean cruise out of ny in May on the miracle. Grandturk, half moon cay, and nassau. Did the same one last year. Loved it so much doing it again. It's easy for us because we live on long island. May be an option for you as well.

Im in Ill and my cousin is in KY.

What state are you in? We are going on an eastern Caribbean cruise out of ny in May on the miracle. Grandturk, half moon cay, and nassau. Did the same one last year. Loved it so much doing it again. It's easy for us because we live on long island. May be an option for you as well.

Exactly!

But Ive heard of a lot of people missing Half Moon Cay because they were unable to tender in and I'd hate to base my decision on this one port and then miss it! :eek: :rolleyes:

How are the beaches in Antigua? I'm crazy about the Tortola Rum cakes so Im sure I'd like that port :D

We went to Jolly Beach Resort in Antigua last Sept. There is a link in my signature if you want to check out a few pics. We had a great time that day and the beach was beautiful.

Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk are awesome, but like you said you don't want to base your decision around one place and miss it for whatever reason. I went and based my last cruise on those 2 places and just crossd my fingers and prayed and luckily we made it.:)

That beach was gorgeous! Nice pics and thanks for sharing :D

Did you book an excursion thru Carnival for Jolly Beach Resort? How far away from ship is it?

We went to Jolly Beach Resort in Antigua last Sept. There is a link in my signature if you want to check out a few pics. We had a great time that day and the beach was beautiful.

Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk are awesome, but like you said you don't want to base your decision around one place and miss it for whatever reason. I went and based my last cruise on those 2 places and just crossd my fingers and prayed and luckily we made it.:)

That beach was gorgeous! Nice pics and thanks for sharing :D

Did you book an excursion thru Carnival for Jolly Beach Resort? How far away from ship is it?

The ride itself is about 20 min. I believe. We used public transporation which if we ever went again we wouldn't do. When we got there we had just missed the bus that left, so we had to wait for another one to fill up. Next time I would just take a cab.

Ok thanks! I'll def have to keep that in mind. I liked the beach and the pool area too.

The ride itself is about 20 min. I believe. We used public transporation which if we ever went again we wouldn't do. When we got there we had just missed the bus that left, so we had to wait for another one to fill up. Next time I would just take a cab.

Would totally take the Freedom cruise it looks awesome, we will be taking that one in 2012

quote=Ivy1908;26268396]Help! Which would you choose and why? :confused:

My cousin and I want to take an Eastern Caribbean cruise near the end of May 2011. We are celebrating her birthday and my graduation. Prices are all within $150 of each other. We are in the 30-40 ish age group. We've narrowed it down to 3 cruises.

8 Day Eastern Caribbean from Ft. Lauderdale on the Freedom

Ports of call: Ft. Lauderdale, San Juan, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau

7 Day Eastern Caribbean from Miami on the Liberty

7 Day Eastern Caribbean from Miami on the Valor

Thanks!:D

Archived