Which would you choose?

Ivy1908

Help! Which would you choose and why? :confused:

My cousin and I want to take an Eastern Caribbean cruise near the end of May 2011. We are celebrating her birthday and my graduation. Prices are all within $150 of each other. We are in the 30-40 ish age group. We've narrowed it down to 3 cruises.

8 Day Eastern Caribbean from Ft. Lauderdale on the Freedom

Ports of call: Ft. Lauderdale, San Juan, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau

7 Day Eastern Caribbean from Miami on the Liberty

Ports of call: Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk

7 Day Eastern Caribbean from Miami on the Valor

Thanks!:D

My cousin and I want to take an Eastern Caribbean cruise near the end of May 2011. We are celebrating her birthday and my graduation. Prices are all within $150 of each other. We are in the 30-40 ish age group. We've narrowed it down to 3 cruises.

That would be a tough call! Liberty and Valor are going to be interchangable. The plus to those cruises are HMC and Grand Turk (love those beach days) , with no minuses. The Freedom has the plus of being an extra day, but the extra port would be Nassau ( a minus), which might be just another day on board for me. Antigua and Tortola are also great ports of call. There might be one edge to the Freedom - more time in San Juan????

Are your costs to Port the same? Did you look at the Dream? They do 7 day Eastern.

I would vote 8 day and then you have your day in Nassau (a dud!) which is an extra day to stay onboard - sleep in because not much going on - maybe it's last since you list at the end and then a good day to do laundry, too.

I always pick longer if all other things are equal!

Look at parking, travel costs, room choices, and islands. Sounds like the other itinerary is easier to select so another reason to pick the other as it is traveled less. (So you can do the other one next time)

Did you like the Freedom when you were on it in March? The Dream is amazing. We loved St. Thomas and St. Martin. Nassau - stayed onboard.

(Not planning on leaving the Sensation)

I would choose the 8 day ...cause its 8 days not 7 lol...also the ports on that sailing are new to me for the most part. I would love to see Antigua, Tortola and San Juan. Plus between miami port and ft. lauderdale, I vote for Ft. Lauderdale as far as ease of boarding and getting off the ship compared to miami.

But these are just my opinions! You will have fun no matter what!

Gotta be honest, those are all awesome trips. I have done the first two and loved them both, the 8 day is a great itin and the liberty might be my fav ship so it's a tossup between those two if I were you.......Although the HMC with Liberty....man, thats tough to pass up. Tons of fun on that trip.

Thanks for the replies! I was on the freedom this past March and I loved the ship. But I did the western intenary. My cousin has never even been on a cruise so any one is great to her.

Honestly we are leaning towards the 8 day on the Freedom. Antigua and Tortola seem like great ports and of course San Juan at night....

But Ive heard awesome things about Half Moon Cay. But not too much about Grand Turk. Decisions Decisions Decisions :eek:

Yes the cost of each cruise is within $150 of each other so very similar. Ive been to the bahamas (freeport) so I do like to get conch there so its not a total bust :rolleyes:

Flights to Ft. Lauderdale are usually cheaper for me but both ports are within 30 mins of each other so either is fine to fly to.

I looved the Freedom! I didnt see any cruises on the Dream for the same time period....Late May 2011.

Are your costs to Port the same? Did you look at the Dream? They do 7 day Eastern.

I would vote 8 day and then you have your day in Nassau (a dud!) which is an extra day to stay onboard - sleep in because not much going on - maybe it's last since you list at the end and then a good day to do laundry, too.

I always pick longer if all other things are equal!

Look at parking, travel costs, room choices, and islands. Sounds like the other itinerary is easier to select so another reason to pick the other as it is traveled less. (So you can do the other one next time)

Did you like the Freedom when you were on it in March? The Dream is amazing. We loved St. Thomas and St. Martin. Nassau - stayed onboard.

(Not planning on leaving the Sensation)

Thanks for the replies! I was on the freedom this past March and I loved the ship. But I did the western intenary. My cousin has never even been on a cruise so any one is great to her.

Honestly we are leaning towards the 8 day on the Freedom. Antigua and Tortola seem like great ports and of course San Juan at night....

But Ive heard awesome things about Half Moon Cay. But not too much about Grand Turk. Decisions Decisions Decisions :eek:

See, its tough becuase HMC and GT are awesome, but so are Antigua and Tortola. Look on the bright side, either way you go your gonna have a blast!

Exactly!

But Ive heard of a lot of people missing Half Moon Cay because they were unable to tender in and I'd hate to base my decision on this one port and then miss it! :eek: :rolleyes:

How are the beaches in Antigua? I'm crazy about the Tortola Rum cakes so Im sure I'd like that port :D

See, its tough becuase HMC and GT are awesome, but so are Antigua and Tortola. Look on the bright side, either way you go your gonna have a blast!

I'd be reluctant to take the 8 day because I've been to Nassau so many times. Although I've would love to visit Antigua, I wasn't impressed with Tortola. It was is really small island and if I had the choice of Tortola or St Thomas, I'd pick St. Thomas. Also, I'm in no rush to return to San Juan. So, there's only 1 port I'd be looking forward to visiting on the 8 day.

I'd pick the 7 day on Liberty over Valor being the younger between the 2. Half Moon Cay is paradise, love the pool at Grand Turk, St Thomas is beautiful with the mountains, and San Juan is.....San Juan :D

Also, I'm in the minority where 7 days it just the right amount of time at sea for me.

I looved the Freedom! I didnt see any cruises on the Dream for the same time period....Late May 2011.

It looks like Eastern May 2011 date is May 21 then it puts you on June 4th.

Western is on May 28th. Every other week alternating...

Good luck picking :)

Archived