How is Advanture of the Seas S. Car

tmann4

We are considering doing the Adventure of the Seas Southern cruise. The rates are very low compared to the same class ship and other itineraries. Is there a reason for this? I have read in the past this cruise is a little more crazy than others and San Juan isn't the best port. What are others experiences on this cruise. We have four of us going including 14 dd and 16 ds.

It's my favorite cruise!(Even though I'm about to do 2 western cruises- 1 for DH's seminar & 1 with family!) I loved visiting the smaller islands in the south. I loved going into San Juan the day before and that evening watching the elderly couples do the salsa. It was very romantic.

Karen

I agree! In the 5 cruises I have done I LOVE sailing from Puerto Rico (smoother 1st night then leaving Florida) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the southern routes and we did both. I perfered the Aruba route:) Book it you will not be disappointed...its a great ship!

We are considering doing the Adventure of the Seas Southern cruise. The rates are very low compared to the same class ship and other itineraries. Is there a reason for this? I have read in the past this cruise is a little more crazy than others and San Juan isn't the best port. What are others experiences on this cruise. We have four of us going including 14 dd and 16 ds.

We've done this many times, great itinerary and love the ship. Never had a problem sailing out of San Juan.

Suzanne

It's my favorite cruise!(Even though I'm about to do 2 western cruises- 1 for DH's seminar & 1 with family!) I loved visiting the smaller islands in the south. I loved going into San Juan the day before and that evening watching the elderly couples do the salsa. It was very romantic.

Karen

We're sailing the Adventure in February and are going to San Jaun early. We love to sip mojitos and watch people do the salsa. Any recommendations? We are staying in Condada Beach. Thanks.

We did AOS for Christmas 2008 with our 2 DDs - 19 & 13. We all had the time of our lives!

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Puerto Rico and met some of our Cruise mates from the Meet & Mingle Roll Call there.

Did a zipline and shopped in Old San Juan - great fun!

The kids enjoyed every minute of San Juan and of the cruise and ports. Would do it again in a heartbeat!

My suggestion is that you get on the roll call and find out who has kids about the same age. It really helped with this age group to know that there was someone in the same age that they knew about before they even got to the ship.

We're sailing the Adventure in February and are going to San Jaun early. We love to sip mojitos and watch people do the salsa. Any recommendations? We are staying in Condada Beach. Thanks.

What are your dates in Feb?

I highly recommend the Marriott Stellaris - they have salsa dancing right at the bar in the lobby! Lots of fun!:)

We went last October for my DW 50th birthday and had a great time!!! I too had reservations about the cruise and San Juan from what I had read on these boards but it is not even close to being as bad as some have stated, matter of fact we have nothing but positive things to say about the Adventure and San Juan.

You will read things about the residents/cruisers of Puerto Rico that might not excite you but you must remember this, you are sailing from their home port and they are of a bit different culture than most of us. We had absolutely NO PROBLEMS with this. They like to have a good time and we joined in with them. Yes, it was loud sometimes but it was never loud at night.

The one thing I really liked about the cruise and those from PR, they REALLY DRESS UP on formal nights!!! It was really nice seeing them as they entered into the dining room.

Please do not flame me for talking about those from Pureto Rico. I just don't want others that might be apprehensive about this cruise questioning their decision. It will be a GREAT CRUISE!!!

Tim

We are thinking of doing this cruise as well. We have 3 young children - 6, 4, and almost 2 (she would celebrate her 2nd birthday onboard!). My parents will be joining us, so we are hopeful that we will get at least one "date night". Kids are real adventurous and love water/beach/hiking - have vacationed internationally, but no cruises yet. Does anyone recommend one itinerary over the other? Can I look at a roll call prior to booking to see if there are kids there age onboard? - although I tend to think they will stay close to us (older 2 may not want to do kids club).

What are your dates in Feb?

I highly recommend the Marriott Stellaris - they have salsa dancing right at the bar in the lobby! Lots of fun!:)

We sail Feb 27. we are considering the Atlantic Hotel right in the beach.

We'll take a look at the Marriot Stellaris. Looking forward to this cruise, our first with a balcony! We've always booked an inside.

We sail Feb 27. we are considering the Atlantic Hotel right in the beach.

We'll take a look at the Marriot Stellaris. Looking forward to this cruise, our first with a balcony! We've always booked an inside.

i also sail feb 27 i try to found info for you i want you a pass a great time in san juan

http://www.gotopuertorico.com/salsa-puerto-rico.php

every sunday live salsa music in the paseo la princesa is about 10 min from the pier you need to take a taxi.

i also sail feb 27 i try to found info for you i want you a pass a great time in san juan

http://www.gotopuertorico.com/salsa-puerto-rico.php

every sunday live salsa music in the paseo la princesa is about 10 min from the pier you need to take a taxi.

Thanks for the information. If our travel plans allow it, we'll hit the paseo la princesa after the cruise.

Any suggestions for a great mojito and a place to watch the sun set over the ocean?

We took the Adventure Southern Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon almost 5 years ago. It was wonderful!

We had the itinerary that included Curacao and to this day (2 more cruises later), it was my favorite port EVER. What a beautiful place. We swam with dolphins there is the most gorgeous water I've ever seen.

We had originally chosen the cruise because we were sailing in October and much of the itinerary was out of the hurricane belt.

I believe things have changed, but getting out of San Juan was not as smooth as later sailings we've taken out of Florida. But, it wasn't so bad that we wouldn't sail from there again.

I hope you love it! :p

Thanks for the information. If our travel plans allow it, we'll hit the paseo la princesa after the cruise.

Any suggestions for a great mojito and a place to watch the sun set over the ocean?

you can enjoy a good mojito in the paseo la princesa and enjoy a great sun set view you can walk close to el morro castle i promess you enjoy a really beautiful sun set .also at senior frogs pub close to the paseo la princesa for a great mojito.

http://www.topuertorico.org/city/sanjuan.shtml

Archived