Alamo shuttle miami airport to miami port

glin930

I will arrive one day before at Fort Lauerdale FLL rent a car from Alamo and return the next day to Miami airport. Alamo will provide shuttle from Miami airport to port of miami. Does anyone know how long it takes to drive from DT Miami to Miami airport and how long it takes for shuttle from Miami airport to port? BTW I will be doing the same way post cruise.

Did anyone try this Alamo before?

I will be anxious to hear of a reply to this. I too, am coming into FLL, renting a car to drive to Miami, then drop the car at the airport. I have been to Miami before, and it will take approximately 20 min. to drive from the port to the airport, (or vise versa). I will be returning my car pre-cruise about 10:00AM, so hope the shuttle will run to the port that early.

Where are you staying while in Miami? I have tried booking South Beach for 5-13, with no luck up to $66,(through priceline) so I am thinking of trying downtown area now instead. We have stayed twice before in Miami, at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, which is directly across the street from Bayside Marketplace, but booked the room through the HI wedsite, and paid around $100. for the night, and they charge $10 parking. Also, many of the hotels charge for parking in Miami.

Hope everything works out for you. When are you going? We are taking the Navigator of the Sears, western, on 5-14-05. Have a great cruise!

Does anyone know how long it takes to drive from DT Miami to Miami airport and how long it takes for shuttle from Miami airport to port? BTW I will be doing the same way post cruise.

If your traveling in downtown Miami on the weekend it shouldn't take you anymore then 15 minutes in either direction. If its on a weekday allow another 15 minutes.;)

Last year we rented a car from Alamo in Orlando and returned it to the Miami airport location. The dropoff is not actually in the airport so make sure you get good directions to the offsite location. We did have directions but got a bit confused so we actually drove into the airport and followed the signs to Alamo. It was very easy to do it this way and there was not much traffic. As soon as we dropped off the car there was a bus waiting to take us to the port. It was about a 15 or 20 minute ride on a weekday..

Thank you for all your suggestions. Debbie, FYI we are taking the Carnival Triumph to Eastern Carribean on 4/23. We get the pre cruise hotel stay at Sheraton Biscayne Bay from priceline at $55. However I have to pay a hefty $23 parking at the hotel. Even with rental & parking my total charges is about $60 to $70. I think it is worth for 4 of us. I will give myself about 30min time from Miami airport to port just for shuttle. Thanks again.:)

Archived