Barcelona city bus and then blue bus - same ticket?

starwhite2

The Port Bus is not part of the integrated ticket system for Barcelona. So seperate tickets required.

You know that there is an cheaper alternative from the airport to the town???

Bus 46 takes you for 1.40 EUR to the town (Placa Espanya) - it's a regular bus like Bus 57 - not an Airport Express Bus.

Again 1.40 EUR for the Bus 57.

Then 2.00 EUR for the Port Bus.

4.80 EUR in total for the ride from the airport to the ship.

If you are planning ahead you can buy 10 rides on a T-10 card.

7.95 EUR for 10 rides (can be used by multiple persons) and it's integrated.

I. e. you need only 1 ride from your T-10-ticket for Bus 46 and 57 together plus the ticket for the port bus.

Guess you are 2 persons

Airport - Placa Espanya

Placa Espanya - Pg Colon

later Pg Colon - Franca Station

6 x 1.40 = 8.40 EUR for 6 single tickets on buses

1 x 7.95 = 7.95 EUR for 10 rides integrated...

and you will have 6 rides left after this voyage.

Regards

HeinBloed

The Port Bus is not part of the integrated ticket system for Barcelona. So seperate tickets required.

You know that there is an cheaper alternative from the airport to the town???

Bus 46 takes you for 1.40 EUR to the town (Placa Espanya) - it's a regular bus like Bus 57 - not an Airport Express Bus.

Again 1.40 EUR for the Bus 57.

Then 2.00 EUR for the Port Bus.

4.80 EUR in total for the ride from the airport to the ship.

If you are planning ahead you can buy 10 rides on a T-10 card.

7.95 EUR for 10 rides (can be used by multiple persons) and it's integrated.

I. e. you need only 1 ride from your T-10-ticket for Bus 46 and 57 together plus the ticket for the port bus.

Guess you are 2 persons

Airport - Placa Espanya

Placa Espanya - Pg Colon

later Pg Colon - Franca Station

6 x 1.40 = 8.40 EUR for 6 single tickets on buses

1 x 7.95 = 7.95 EUR for 10 rides integrated...

and you will have 6 rides left after this voyage.

Regards

HeinBloed

This is getting better all the time! Two questions: (1) Can I guy T-10-ticket at the airport from one of those machines? (2) Can I use the T-10-ticket for metro once we stash our suitcases at the hotel on Nov. 15? Yes, there are two of us.

Nov. 16, when we are ready to go to the airport, I was going to use the Aerobus from Placa Catalunya because it's dependable and I know how much time it will take. We have a 1:10 flight out of BCN to N.Y. JFK. But that would surely be enough time to take a regular city bus. Does a city bus run out of Placa Catalunya to the airport?

Forgot something. Is there a time restriction on using up the 10 tickets on the T-10 ticket. I read somewhere that it was 9 days. In that case it wouldn't work for us. Arriving BCN on Nov. 7, getting back into BCN on Nov. 14, to Tarragona on Nov. 14, arriving back in BCN on Nov. 15, leaving BCN on Nov. 16. That's 10 days.

Forgot something. Is there a time restriction on using up the 10 tickets on the T-10 ticket. I read somewhere that it was 9 days. In that case it wouldn't work for us. Arriving BCN on Nov. 7, getting back into BCN on Nov. 14, to Tarragona on Nov. 14, arriving back in BCN on Nov. 15, leaving BCN on Nov. 16. That's 10 days.

Here you get the schedule of Bus 46, Aerobus 1 (not integrated tarif):

http://www.tmb.cat/en_US/barcelona/moute/planols/planols.jsp#tab1

Your T-10 ticket is valid until end of the year. One journey may take 75 minutes which include transfers within the CityBus/Metro/Commuter Train network.

http://www.tmb.cat/en_US/barcelona/moute/targetes/targetes.jsp

So if you drop of your bags at the hotel and continue your journey within a 75 minutes time-frame you may continue on the same ticket.

2009NCLGEM10201-vi.jpg

But as it is one ticket you can use it only for multiple persons when you are going on the same route. So for each person you need to cancel one journey on the ticket.

For sure I know that you can get it at the airport train station but there should be also other outlets near the bus stops.

By the way: there is also a commuter train (Route 2 North - NOT Route 10 like displayed on older maps) which takes you within the integrated tariff to the city!!!

http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/cercanias/barcelona/mapa_zonas_barcelona.html

So many ways to get cheap from the airport to the town.

Best place to inform:

http://www.tmb.cat/en_US/home.jsp

Regards

HeinBloed

So if you drop of your bags at the hotel and continue your journey within a 75 minutes time-frame you may continue on the same ticket.

2009NCLGEM10201-vi.jpg

Regards

HeinBloed

This is great information. Even if we do exceed the 75 minutes on our jaunt to Centre Excursioniste de Catalunya-Columnes del Temple d'August, we have 6 more tickets to use.

By the way, I have three sources and they differ about Temple Romà d'Augusti. The most recent one (Fodors 2010) says it is open Mon.-Sat. 10-2 and 5-8. Lonely Planet 2008 says it is open 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mon-Sat. We'll be there on a Monday. However Time Out 2008 says Tues-Sat. 10 a.m-8 p.m.

Here you get the schedule of Bus 46, Aerobus 1 (not integrated tarif):

http://www.tmb.cat/en_US/barcelona/moute/planols/planols.jsp#tab1

Your T-10 ticket is valid until end of the year. One journey may take 75 minutes which include transfers within the CityBus/Metro/Commuter Train network.

http://www.tmb.cat/en_US/barcelona/moute/targetes/targetes.jsp

Quick question: can I use one of the T-10 tickets for Aerobus 1? It's not clear from the website. Thanks.

Archived