Live from Liberty - warning on boarding with wine - a change!

trvlqueen

I'm happily on board the beautiful Carnival Liberty after a stressful flight and the longest week at work EVER!

Just a heads up for others boarding soon - they no longer allow a 4 pack of small wine bottles to count the same as one 750ml bottle - as they used to. They confiscated 5 of my 8 little bottles - there are 3 adults travelling together - we each get one glass of wine now, lol. The security guard said they implemented the change about a week ago - just a heads up for anyone boarding soon - skip the small bottles (or smuggle them in your checked luggage) and bring on the large!

On another note - my power strip came through just fine ... :p

Gotta go - there's a funship special calling my name!

Just got off her today!! I miss it already! I did want to add that we had NOTHING confinsated. My mom(the only adult over 21) brought a box if wine that was equal to 4 bottles! No one said anything! In the same carryon was a fan,power strip and a TON of soda!

On the same note customs was the easiest thing in the world! We declared over 20 bottles of booze and didn't have to pay any duty!

Anyway have a great cruise!! We booked the exact same cruise we just did for next year.

Just got off her today!! I miss it already! I did want to add that we had NOTHING confinsated. My mom(the only adult over 21) brought a box if wine that was equal to 4 bottles! No one said anything! In the same carryon was a fan,power strip and a TON of soda!

On the same note customs was the easiest thing in the world! We declared over 20 bottles of booze and didn't have to pay any duty!

Anyway have a great cruise!! We booked the exact same cruise we just did for next year.

I really hate to join the great liquor debate; I simply prefer wines not carried by CCL. I still buy lots of drinks >$200 for my and DH during the cruise so I am not trying to cheat anybody. We are wine drinkers and have particular wines we enjoy at dinner and gladly pay the corkage fee. Any feedback on bringing more than the stinkin' two MEASLEY bottles on board, guess in our 'checked luggage'?

Any advice is appreciated. Again, not trying to cheat CCL.

Regarding the duty on purchases over the limit--I always declare 'em and have NEVER been asked to pay. I always am respectful and try to tell a joke or something to be nice to the customs person as they probably take a like of flack from a few unhappy passengers...

Thanks

Archived