Flight Options

SaucyNuggets

Hi everyone.

We booked on the Golden Princess one May 1st, and we have a couple of options for air:

(1) Fly in at 1am on the 1st

OR

(2) Fly in at 10:45am on the 1st.

I like option (1), but since I've never been to San Juan, I'm a little nervous about taking a taxi that late at night (or early in the morning). Anyone have experience with San Juan at that time?

For option (2), I'm a little worried about the chaos at the airport, as I'm told that Sunday afternoons are the busiest times there.

Does anyone have any advice?

SAucyNuggets

Saucy, I'm assuming that those times are arrivals. I think you'd be fine either way. Even with arriving at 10:30, you'll have plenty of time to drop off the bags at the ship and still see OSJ, you don't have to be back onboard until 8. Last year we got in at 10 pm the night before, stayed at the Intercontinental, had breakfast and hung by the pool until around 11:30 and then went over to the ship ( Destiny). We had a 5pm flight home, so we got to explore post cruise. Have a great cruise:)

Thanks for the advice! I think I like the idea of coming in at 10:45am and exploring before embarking.

BTW, is 8pm the usual time for embarkation or can I get on before then? I usually like to get on earlier to get settled in and explore while it isn't too crowded. Do you know if you can get on earlier?

SAucyNuggets

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone.

We booked on the Golden Princess one May 1st, and we have a couple of options for air:

(1) Fly in at 1am on the 1st

OR

(2) Fly in at 10:45am on the 1st.

I like option (1), but since I've never been to San Juan, I'm a little nervous about taking a taxi that late at night (or early in the morning). Anyone have experience with San Juan at that time?

For option (2), I'm a little worried about the chaos at the airport, as I'm told that Sunday afternoons are the busiest times there.

Does anyone have any advice? SAucyNuggets

Hi SaucyNuggets, We are also on the Golden May 1st sailing. I would recommend coming in on the 10:45 flight, that is when we arrive. We are on JetBlue JFK-SJU leaving at 7 am on the May 1st. San Juan is a scary place at 1 AM..

Boarding will start at NOON at the Pan American Pier.

You should join our roll call for this sailing we have a great bunch of people and there is a lot of advise and tips for this sailing.

Cruise Critic Message Boards - Golden Princess San Juan to New York May 1st. 2005

Sherrie

Archived