FOS recent cruisers questions

We are sailing on FOS on October 24th and have a few questions:

- Sorrentos. Does it have anything else besides pizza. Salads..pasta...pasta salad?? I love alternatives to Windjammer, MDR, JR, etc.

- Smoking. I thought I saw from a recent posting that smoking is allowed now in Boleros and the pub? True?

- Are there large screen video poker or blackjack? I enjoyed that on a cruise several years ago but haven't seen it since.

- Beer coolers. Are these available on Freedom? Does it only have Bud products? That is fine with me since I work for AB.

- Spa. Is it more expensive for massages on the first few days? Is it enough of a savings to wait til the 4th or 5th day or later.

Thanks for your response to any of these questions.

Pat

We are sailing on FOS on October 24th and have a few questions:

- Sorrentos. Does it have anything else besides pizza. Salads..pasta...pasta salad?? I love alternatives to Windjammer, MDR, JR, etc.

- Smoking. I thought I saw from a recent posting that smoking is allowed now in Boleros and the pub? True?

- Are there large screen video poker or blackjack? I enjoyed that on a cruise several years ago but haven't seen it since.

- Beer coolers. Are these available on Freedom? Does it only have Bud products? That is fine with me since I work for AB.

- Spa. Is it more expensive for massages on the first few days? Is it enough of a savings to wait til the 4th or 5th day or later.

Thanks for your response to any of these questions.

Pat

We were on FOS a couple of weeks ago.

Can answer a couple of these

Sorentos had several antipasto and bread items available as well as pizza.

The beer coolers were there and had only AB products as best I could tell.

I would agree with the above.

One other thing we noticed, was smoking by the pool was only allowed on Deck 12 by the pool bar, not down by the pool on Deck 11 at all. I cannot remember if you could smoke around Deck 12 or not, did not pay attention

Did not see any big screen video poker

I am pretty sure I remember a spa package that I thought was actually pretty reasonable. It had like 4 or 5 things for $99. I don't totally remember. Best thing is to look in the compass or the elevators. They always advertise the spa in the elevators.

I am pretty sure I remember a spa package that I thought was actually pretty reasonable. It had like 4 or 5 things for $99. I don't totally remember. Best thing is to look in the compass or the elevators. They always advertise the spa in the elevators.

My sister got this package advertised on the first day. Her appointment was the first sea day. It took a total of 70 minutes.

I would agree with the above.

One other thing we noticed, was smoking by the pool was only allowed on Deck 12 by the pool bar, not down by the pool on Deck 11 at all. I cannot remember if you could smoke around Deck 12 or not, did not pay attention

Did not see any big screen video poker

Sorrento offers some really good pasta and stuff that you can put on the crunchy bread it is yummy and changes daily. They also have desserts as well so keep a watch for them, inside the shop. You can only get soda there, so if you didn't purchase the soda card and are hoping for the free lemonade and tea...not served there.

Spa on the first day they do offer a 99.00 treatment thing that you pick 3 items, maybe like a 20 min back, foot massage, quick facial, these are items that take about 15 mins each kind of like a taste of it you will. Now on port days they will offer some discounts so watch for them as the trip goes on. I also think they might also offer at times, get a massage and pick a head rub or soemthing like that but again only at proably down times...feel free to ask anything..Don't know about smoking as we don'e

Spa: When you board, as you walk thru the Promenade you will find a table at the barber and shave shop with spa info and a rep from the spa.

You can go to the spa as part of your sight seeing mission.

No smoking at the pool but on deck 12 there is and you have to watch out for the smoke if you do not prefer to be around it. It will almost choke you at times.

Video Poker-???????

Sorrentos has some pasta and pizza and bread and desserts and maybe some sandwiches. Pretty good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the great responses! Yes, Boo317 we did sign up for the M&M. I haven't had a chance yet to go to the roll call forum yet. I look forward to meeting all the fellow CC'ers at the gathering.

I just got my luggage tags today and I guess I just have to get through the next 12 days of work and then its off we go....can't wait!

Pat

Archived