Freedom of the Seas - Deck 6 - Aft Balcony

I just upgraded to a balcony room (score!!) on Freedom of Seas. I have an aft room on Deck 6 and I'm worried about the obstructed view.

Should I be concerned or is the view still going to be wonderful. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

I just upgraded to a balcony room (score!!) on Freedom of Seas. I have an aft room on Deck 6 and I'm worried about the obstructed view.

Should I be concerned or is the view still going to be wonderful. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Is it a true "aft" cabin or is it on the port or starboard side towards the aft?

Thanks for all the responses. It is a true aft balcony. We're right beside the presidential suite.

If you go to this website www.voyager-class.com you can see photos of a cabin similar to yours. Go to this page. http://voyager-class.com/virtualtour/aftbalconies/aftbalconies.html and mouse over the cabin location that you have and click on that. It will give you an idea as to what your cabin/balcony/view will be like, it is for Voyager class but Freedom is the same.

I just looked at this site and the beds look like they are very worn with sunken places in the middle. The bedding also looks very old. Please tell me that these are just bad photos and not the true shape of the beds and bedding. We are booked on our first RCI FOS 9-25-11. I realize that this is a different ship, but still a bit worried.

I just looked at this site and the beds look like they are very worn with sunken places in the middle. The bedding also looks very old. Please tell me that these are just bad photos and not the true shape of the beds and bedding. We are booked on our first RCI FOS 9-25-11. I realize that this is a different ship, but still a bit worried.

It is not an official website so the photos might not be recent ones. I know that I have been looking at it for several years. I sailed on Mariner in 2008 and the photos for it showed the old bedding but we had the new white/teal color scheme and new mattresses on that cruise.

We were on FOS in August, and the beds are great. Actually a bit on the firm side, but they have a mattress toppper on them that makes them very comfortable.

If you go to this website www.voyager-class.com you can see photos of a cabin similar to yours. Go to this page. http://voyager-class.com/virtualtour/aftbalconies/aftbalconies.html and mouse over the cabin location that you have and click on that. It will give you an idea as to what your cabin/balcony/view will be like, it is for Voyager class but Freedom is the same.

Thank you so much for the link to this site.

We might be above you, depending on what cruise you're on.

We're in Cabin 7410 at the aft of FOS, sailing on 17th October.

If you are sailing later, I'll update with views etc, on my return.

Thank you so much for the link to this site.

You are most welcome. I had the deck 7 aft corner on Mariner and have the same cabin booked on Freedom. I loved the aft view and the sound of the water and you have great views when leaving port. Have a great cruise!

We might be above you, depending on what cruise you're on.

We're in Cabin 7410 at the aft of FOS, sailing on 17th October.

If you are sailing later, I'll update with views etc, on my return.

I'm leaving the very next Sunday. Have fun on your cruise!

Archived