HELP !! I'm not getting anything done.....

fuzzywuzzy

I am normal!!! Thank God. I was beginning to think that all the time I spend on this site was totally abnormal and that I was becoming some kind of a loser (not really). So glad to hear there are others just like me,you are right aboutthe economy suffering,I was such a shopper before discovering this site. Mind you I did rush out yesterday and almost bought a whole3 new wardrobe. I am going on a transatlantic cruise in April,warm this end but cooler on the other side so a lot of variety with packing. I am sooooo looking forward to it. Anyone else doing the same cruise? Leaves Ft Lauderdale on April 2,17 nights to Genoa. Is that not divine??? Mary

I asked the Lord to tell me

Why my house is such a mess?

He asked if I'd been computing.

And I had to answer "yes"

He told me to get off my butt

And tidfy up the house

And so I started cleaning up ...

The smudges off my mouse.

I wiped and shined the topside.

That really did the trick...

I was just admiring my work...

I didn't mean to 'click'

But click, I did, and LOL I found

A real absorbing site, Cruise Critic.

That I got SO way into it...

I was into it all night.

<<Sign>>

Nothing's changed except my mouse

It's very,very shiny

I, guess my house will stay a mess

While I sit here on my hiney.

FONT][/color]

I'm saving all these mesages so when my boss catches me I can show him I'm not along. My DW has been reading these post for a couple of months and I just started three days ago. I should be working but Noooo! here I am reading laughing and posting while at work. Oh well! 35 days tell retirement, will I ever make it??? 37 days to sail date, got to make it!!

hcc

I'm saving all these messages so when my boss catches me I can show him I'm not along. My DW has been reading these post for a couple of months and I just started three days ago. I should be working but Noooo! here I am reading laughing and posting while at work. Oh well! 35 days tell retirement, will I ever make it??? 37 days to sail date, got to make it!!

hcc

go downstairs, turn on the computer, turn on the coffee pot, sit at the computer, read a couple of threads, get coffee, sit back down, next thing I know DH is home saying how was your day?:p This is on a day I don't work. Sometimes I feel guilty when I smile at him and say, "could you go to the store and get dog food? I forgot it today.:p :p l

I am SO BAD with this Cruise Critic, that I have to try to limit myself to just one hour a day, but, as I am typing this I am 25 minutes over that one hour, so now I have "given myself" ANOTHER 45 minutes to be on Cruise Critic!!! :D

BAD I tell you, BAD!!!.....

Suesan:):):)

I took a day off and went shopping yesterday. It would have been fun but I had total cruise critic withdrawl! I ended up talking about it all day since I couldn't be on line. I think I ended up recruiting her. She has been on way more cruises than I have and she has never been to cruise critic! I'm also talking to my cruising friends and expect to have a whole new group of addicts within a month! :p

LOL Wondering Wino's. That poem is cute. Love your "signature name". That sounds like my DH and I. He makes wine.

Yes, I get up in the morning, throw on housecoat, turn on computer, click on Cruise Critic M.B. An hour later I think it's time to brush my hair and have a coffee. I have stuff to do this morning as we are invited out to a birthday party tonight so I have to prepare a salad, wrap the gift. But what am I doing? Here I am. BUT I have a good excuse because we are sailing in 8 DAYS !!!

:eek:

LOL Wondering Wino's. That poem is cute. Love your "signature name". That sounds like my DH and I. He makes wine.

Yes, I get up in the morning, throw on housecoat, turn on computer, click on Cruise Critic M.B. An hour later I think it's time to brush my hair and have a coffee. I have stuff to do this morning as we are invited out to a birthday party tonight so I have to prepare a salad, wrap the gift. But what am I doing? Here I am. BUT I have a good excuse because we are sailing in 8 DAYS !!!

Oops DH just returned from Starbucks with our Saturday morning coffee, trying to get this note out before he discovers me at the computer. Thank goodness he leaves for France tomorrow for a week so I don't have to hide how much time I'm spending on CC. ;)

I just started posting on this board earlier this week and I'm already addicted. I'm sailing on the Mercury on 5/4, and I hooked up to the roll call for that - can you believe no-one's posted anything for 20 hours? What's with that group anyway?

My husband laughs at me because I get my tea (sorry, Starbucks people), climb back into bed with my laptop and do the virtual cruise thing. I've got to have something to keep me going for the next two months. :cool:

:) My DH just went out to get the Sunday Paper, I dashed down to the computer to log on for at least 15 minutes, then dash back upstairs before he gets back!!! (BECAUSE I am NOT GETTING ANYTHING DONE!!! My house has gone to rack and ruin!!!!!)

Gotta Go!!

I, too, have become addicted to these boards!

SUESAN....my hubby is also a train addict.

He says he will just enjoy our cruise (first ever cruise, June 05) when the time comes. He thinks I am crazy but will appreciate all the information I have gathered when the time comes too!

:) Hi Boobaby, so your DH is a train fanatic?!?! My DH LOVES, LOVES, LOVES TRAINS!!! We plan A LOT of trips on where to see trains and trolleys. I am OK with it most of the time, I do enjoy steam trains and trolleys too, of course not to the extent of my DH, our DD likes them too. He is ALSO into Fire Trucks, the older the better. I am glad he likes these things, it sure is a better hobby then MANY other things I can think of that men can do. It makes him happy....:)

My DH thinks I spend WAY to much time on the computer, doing "cruise stuff", but he to WILL appreciate ALL my research!!.... Which cruise will you be on? We will be on the Norwegian Dawn in April, CAN'T WAIT!!! I do hope you have a GREAT cruise too!!

I'm so glad you all have posted! I felt really really bad! I get on as my coffee is making in the morning, and get off when I can't hold my eyes open another minute. My friend and I are going on the SOS May 16, and it's got so bad I "MADE" myself clean two rooms yesterday. I figure two rooms a day and a tiny bit of picking up will keep my husband happy (since he's footing the bill for my cruise~ :-). What time is it? I "STILL" have my two rooms to do today!!!

Hey Girls, a girl has gotta do, what a girl has gotta do! LOLOL

Wondering Wino ... the poem was the best!!! Thanks for sharing...

Have a great day!

I'm so glad you all have posted! I felt really really bad! I get on as my coffee is making in the morning, and get off when I can't hold my eyes open another minute. My friend and I are going on the SOS May 16, and it's got so bad I "MADE" myself clean two rooms yesterday. I figure two rooms a day and a tiny bit of picking up will keep my husband happy (since he's footing the bill for my cruise~ :-). What time is it? I "STILL" have my two rooms to do today!!!

Hey Girls, a girl has gotta do, what a girl has gotta do! LOLOL

Wondering Wino ... the poem was the best!!! Thanks for sharing...

Have a great day!

:) Thanks Honeybear, glad you enjoyed the poem. I had received it from a friend and thought it was so perfect for "our group". I love your idea of two rooms a day to keep the DH happy. My own DH has been in France this past week and was due home yesterday. I made a deal with myself that I wound not go near the computer until I finished cleaning every room in the house. I did very well until I cleaned the office. I don't know what happened but I think the computer reached out and got me, all I know is that somehow CC was on the screen. :eek: A little scary don't you think. The good news is the house looks great and the sun is shining here at the beach. On our way to San Clemente for an art show and to see my beautiful granddaughter. You see I do other things besides logging on to CC, at least when my DH is home. ;)

New to this board - but I've been lurking, and comiserating (sp?). I broke away today and bought 5 new pairs of sandals for my cruise! The house is a wreck and my family lives on takeout pizza - but hey! new shoes! a new beach cover-up and a swimsuit for one of my daughters and a few hours away from the computer. This really is crazy! Only 12 days!:)

New to this board - but I've been lurking, and comiserating (sp?). I broke away today and bought 5 new pairs of sandals for my cruise! The house is a wreck and my family lives on takeout pizza - but hey! new shoes! a new beach cover-up and a swimsuit for one of my daughters and a few hours away from the computer. This really is crazy! Only 12 days!:)

;) I also have a Shoe Fairy that lately has been bringing incrediable sandels to my house several times a week. While my cruise is not until October, I am going to take a few pair to Hawaii next week to give them a trial run. Enjoy your cruise and your new shoes. Shirley

The sad part about CC is after your cruise....you really have no excuse to get back on .... besides it is cruel and unusual punishment to read the boards when you have no cruise planned for the future!!...

Any good thoughts on how to break the CC addiction???......I will be in withdrawal after my July 9 Alaskan cruise.:(

4 DAYS! I started cleaning the house! BIG deal for me:) . Clothes are ready to be packed tomorrrow! 2 new pairs of shoes! (In my defense, DDs can wear my size! I've really got to stop looking at shoes!) Good news, DS suit is supposed to arrive Wed. Couldn't find his size in town and had to order - big relief there - I'd hate for him to have to wear his tighty whities to dinner! We've got 40 or so cc'ers on our ship - it's going to be great fun!:) BTW Shirley - I only wish I was a dainty size 4!!!:p

The sad part about CC is after your cruise....you really have no excuse to get back on .... besides it is cruel and unusual punishment to read the boards when you have no cruise planned for the future!!...

Any good thoughts on how to break the CC addiction???......I will be in withdrawal after my July 9 Alaskan cruise.:(

Hi: Well, here I am back from our cruise ALREADY. We were on the Star last week. I'm now in CC WITHDRAWALS and still reading these boards and posting. Still not getting anything done this morning and still in my housecoat. :) Does it ever end??

I will probably be slowly slipping away from the boards. But I will need to post my trip report and some pictures.

Archived