HELP !! I'm not getting anything done.....

fuzzywuzzy

I am becoming addicted to this board and I am not getting anything done at home that I should be doing! Does any of you experience this? We are expecting company tonight for dinner and I should be cleaning the house, preparing for tonight and here I am sitting at the computer on this board. My DH is out doing the grocery shopping. :) He will not be impressed if he comes home and finds me on the computer. So I have to dash off and try to get some things accomplished. ;) Help....

DH just dropped lunch off for me...he is working at the fire station today, and he asked me if I had moved from the couch at all today!!! Of course, I have taken a shower and did look a little better than I did when he left this morning...:D He said that I am in the same position on the computer as I was when he left!! He-He!!!!

By the way, this is my first post!!!

DH just dropped lunch off for me...he is working at the fire station today, and he asked me if I had moved from the couch at all today!!! Of course, I have taken a shower and did look a little better than I did when he left this morning...:D He said that I am in the same position on the computer as I was when he left!! He-He!!!!

By the way, this is my first post!!!

Hi Somechic: Glad my post prompted you to respond. Once you break the ice, then it becomes easier to get involved in some of the conversations.

By the way, just finished my cleaning and here I am back at the Board. Sigh. But there is so much to read and learn. :)

Hi Fuzzywuzzy, somechic and OC Mom,

Oh yes I am kinda glued to my computer too. It is awful, even at work I log on to read the boards. In fact I am at work now. sick, sick, sick :D . lol I am goinna be unemployed if I don't get off the boards and try to do some real work .

Hope your days are productive.

Annieeee

:D Yeah, I have "joined" the CC'er Club quite awhile ago, (it REALLY is the BEST web site for EVERYTHING cruise related!!) NOT a good thing. The past few days I have found myself looking forward to signing on to see what "Shoreguy" has to say about his trip on the Norwegian Dawn this past week (he is VERY funny!!). I tell DH all about what everyone is saying and he is so bored now, it must be like when he starts talking "train's" to me, my eyes glaze over and I just tune out...

I now limit myself to one hour when I sign on to check out Cruise Critic daily. I tell you, you can learn ALOT!!!:)

Suesan:):):)

Am I glad that I am not the only one! I started to check the CC board last summer before we got on the Elation, and then I kind of stopped after we came back. 3 weeks ago we booked the NCL Sea July 22 through Panama Canal, and I have been checking the board EVERYDAY, at home and at work. This is baaaad! I am only doing what I REALLY HAVE TO DO!:(

I'll have to tell dh that I'am not the only one that's on the boards. But you know who is the one that comes to me and asks cruising questions. :p Our friends our cruising with us and it is their first cruise so they are full of questions. I have all the answers. :rolleyes: I read more then post. Thank you for these boards.

I'm at work. My next cruise isn't until November and I am already totally addicted to this site. I spent quite a bit of the day reading here. My boss tells me that as a manager I should be "leading by example". I'm not sure, but I don't think this will qualify. Anybody have a favorite thread to suggest? I don't want to miss the good ones. :D Still having fun...

Ruth, You asked about which Boards to read, well, I read Norwegian, because I have two cruises coming up with them, I read Royal Carribean (which is a VERY active board with some very funny people...) because My 3rd cruise may be on the Voyager and I LOVE THIS Cruise Rituals board, I am getting a kick out of it and of course the Roll Call Boards for NCL. Those four boards keep me busy reading AND posting. Maybe some day I will branch out and read other cruise lines, but for now, I am just fine. I am sure you will find the ones you like to read. Have FUN!!

BudgetEd, you are a funny guy.... I did post for you at RCCL.:D

Hi SUESAN..small world....I will be cruising Norwegian on the STAR on 3/29/05.....I spend most of my time on NCL Roll Call for STAR 3/29/05. I somehow stumbled upon this thread. I enjoy browsing around different threads.after all, we all have the "cruise addiciton" in common.......best support group I've found.

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one hooked on reading this board. I enjoy reading the Roll Call board as well since we are cruising on the Princess Star next month. It is fun to read from the posters who are actually going to be on the same cruise. I'm hoping to meet some of the posters, if I make it to the rendezvous point in time. I also enjoy reading cruise Fashions. If you have questions about what to wear or pack, check that site. Happy Sailing. Oh by the way, I have my sister and DH visiting today, lots to do, but here I am on the computer. But they are going with us, so I will definitely point my sister to this board. :) Another favourite area is the Ports of Call. You can learn a lot about your destinations to help you plan what you want to do. You can have every question answered there.

I am becoming addicted to this board and I am not getting anything done at home that I should be doing! Does any of you experience this? We are expecting company tonight for dinner and I should be cleaning the house, preparing for tonight and here I am sitting at the computer on this board. My DH is out doing the grocery shopping. :) He will not be impressed if he comes home and finds me on the computer. So I have to dash off and try to get some things accomplished. ;) Help....

It has given me some comfort this morning to read that there are others out there like me, signing on to cruise critic way too many times a day. Southern California is getting drenched by one rainstorm after another, a great excuse to log on to cruise critic. DH gone to Canada this wk and France next. Another great excuse to spend time on cruise critic. He's beginning to check up on me to see if I have left the house and even suggests that I GO SHOPPING! DAMM that a good idea, if I could just get the time. My dog Sparky knows better then to even think she wants to go for a walk when I'm on the computer. This has got to stop, HELP ME. Our economy here in OC is suffering from my lack of spending. Oosterdam 10/22

OMG!!! I thought it was just me!!!!! I usually get so excited about my trips that I become completely obsessed with gathering as much information as I can and this board is awesome.

So glad I'm not alone.:)

I think this is a sisterhood thing. Thankgoodness my power didn't go off during our storm. A little leak in the roof is ok, but don't mess with the power for my computer.

Oh Nooooo! Its not just a sisterhood thing. It effects all cc members in anticpation of their respective cruises. "Cruise Addiction" is as worse as any other addiction that you may heard of throughout your lives. (LOL) These boards consume my every waking hour, and I too become obsessed. I actually prepare my day around it. I make myself a cup of tea or a refreshment of my choice, maybe prepare some food, and then I sit at this damn PC and post like mad. I've been on 11 cruises with my 12th coming in April on the Golden Pricncess. No matter how many cruises I've been on or have booked already, I just can't wait to see the responses to my threads as well as everybody elses. I literally look forward to sitting down at the PC and logging on the cruise critic. Its Priceless!!!

John

Oh Nooooo! Its not just a sisterhood thing. It effects all cc members in anticpation of their respective cruises. "Cruise Addiction" is as worse as any other addiction that you may heard of throughout your lives. (LOL) These boards consume my every waking hour, and I too become obsessed. I actually prepare my day around it. I make myself a cup of tea or a refreshment of my choice, maybe prepare some food, and then I sit at this damn PC and post like mad. I've been on 11 cruises with my 12th coming in April on the Golden Pricncess. No matter how many cruises I've been on or have booked already, I just can't wait to see the responses to my threads as well as everybody elses. I literally look forward to sitting down at the PC and logging on the cruise critic. Its Priceless!!!

John

Oh no, I think it must be an epidemic, should I call the Centers for Disease Control or will you? :eek:

This is too funny.....here I am again when I need to go out to the bank, etc. At least I managed to get a few things done today (in between looking at these boards and this thread). tsk tsk. March 6th is approaching fast. Had another big snowstorm yesterday and last night. A foot of snow fell. I need a Caribbean fix !!

morningglorymish, when are you going on your Dawn cruise? Mine is on April 17th!!! I am SO LOOKING FORWARD to this cruise!!! Just like you, I "cruise" this web site looking for ideas and asking questions of EVERYONE!!

I do hope you have an EXCELLENT cruise!!!:)

Archived