celebration holy land and egypt cruise 2011

hi guys

can anyone enlighten me on the above cruise details? we have booked cabin 121 for the cruise . whats it like? what are the two excursions like to cairo and jerusalem and timespan .

what is the cost per person to book the mistrals restaurant? the reviews of the cruise ship are so wide apart!

please send replies

thanks

We went on this cruise in May this year.

We found that the two excursions, being one day after another were exhausting. Don't get me wrong. We wouldn't have missed the both for the world, but just to be warned. They were all day tours. If you look on the Thomson site, cruises, and itineries, you will see what they entail.

When we went, the cost per person in Mistral restaurant was £20, but well worth paying the extra.

As far as cabin 121 is concerned, I'm afraid I can't help you there. We were in 536. A Deck.

Anyway, have a great time when you go, it was a great cruise. I'd love to go again.

hi guys

can anyone enlighten me on the above cruise details? we have booked cabin 121 for the cruise . whats it like? what are the two excursions like to cairo and jerusalem and timespan .

what is the cost per person to book the mistrals restaurant? the reviews of the cruise ship are so wide apart!

please send replies

thanks

I have just done this cruise in September it was Amazing as goonersue says Jerusalem & Bethlehem & Cairo are very long days but well worth the effort they are around £80 pp(one was about £75 cant remember which one though) which may sound a lot but worth every penny.

Our Itinary was changed the day we arrived so we done Antalya, Larnaca, Ashdod, Port Said, Alexandria, Day at Sea Marmaris

Antalya the ship puts on a Coach at a cost of £4 bookable at reception to take you into the centre use it is all I can say we didn't and found out the port is miles away from any civilisation :)

Larnaca they also offer a coach to the centre now this could be done on your own however for £4 we just got the coach laid on by Thomson.

Israel Even if you don't get of the ship here you still have to clear Immigration (they board the ship) so this is a long day no matter what you do they start calling groups forward for immigration aprox 7.30am and i takes about 2 hrs. I didn't do Jerusalem & Bethlehem but my friend who I went with and he loved it and said was well worth the effort

Port Said again I dint do the pyramids but this day is very long with the tsfr from port to the Pyramids taking aprox 3.5 hrs again a very long day but well worth it.

Alexandria we didn't do anything here and to be honest I don't think many did as this was after Israel & Port Said on our Cruise and most of the ship were that tired after 2 very long days don't think many moved off here however if the original Itinerary was stuck to this would have been our first port so others may be able to help you here.

As for the cabin unfortunately can't help as we had 2 Single outside.

Mistrals I didn't use this but again my friend did who is a trained Chef and he said it was amazing however the food in the Meridian was amazing aswell.

If you can do the excursions even though they are long days as I didn't and now regret not doing them because the reports when everyone returned to ship were Amazing.

What ever you do you will have a great time the Staff couldn't do enough for you and the whole atmosphere the week we were there was so relaxed and enjoyable if you enjoy it half as much as we did you will have the best holiday ever

hi guys

please send replies

thanks

hi willow1uk

we are also going on this trip in April 2011.

I've read so many good reports about celebration.

Joe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Well obviously I don't know what will happen next week.... but I'm sure Thomson will take the advice of the tour company and won't go if there is any risk to their passengers...it may be that they will just steer clear of the centre of Cairo and cancel the museum trip...what I have noticed is that the problems in Cairo do seem to happen on Fridays so things may be quiet on the other days.....I don't see why they would cancel the Jerusalem trips...but who knows...these things change day by day don't they, unfortunately...it is such a shame as Egypt depends so much on tourism and I'm sure the income from it must have dropped considerably.

Would appreciate info from anyone who has done day trips ex cruise using Ashdod and whether the authorities stamp your passport on entry or will provide the stamp on a separate paper. Going on Celebration and Escape to the East in November and have just renewed passports. Read that you may experience problems entering certain countries with an Isreali stamp in your passport (no politics please). However, get the impression that authorities board ship anyway so maybe not much choice regarding stamp.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Archived