Roll Call: Vision of the Seas -- Amsterdam April 29, 2011

SgpMBL

Just thought to post a thread to inquire if there are any other LGBT cruisers joining us on the Vision of the Seas April 29, 2011 sailing. It departs from Southampton, overnights in Amsterdam, and then goes to Copenhagen.

One particularly good thing is that we'll be there for part of Queen's Day, which is one of the occasions when there are gay celebrations in Amsterdam. :)

Anyone else joining us?

We'll also be staying on the Vision of the Seas for Norway (May 3) and Baltic (May 8) sailings.

Hello

yes i have booked this cruise

Queensday in Amsterdam is amazing and a lot of fun

see you

steve

We're really looking forward to it -- it's our first time in Amsterdam and to go during Queen's Day will make it even more of a treat. A bit surprised that this wasn't posted as a short gay cruise!

Steve, we hope your friend will be able to join for this cruise, and we're looking forward to meeting you both. If you're willing, would like to know of your suggestions for what to do on Queen's Day.

Bryan

Just thought to post a thread to inquire if there are any other LGBT cruisers joining us on the Vision of the Seas April 29, 2011 sailing. It departs from Southampton, overnights in Amsterdam, and then goes to Copenhagen.

One particularly good thing is that we'll be there for part of Queen's Day, which is one of the occasions when there are gay celebrations in Amsterdam. :)

Anyone else joining us?

We'll also be staying on the Vision of the Seas for Norway (May 3) and Baltic (May 8) sailings.

Hooray ... we're all in the right year now.

I think Queen's Day is the day they celebrate Queen Beatrix .... it's supposed to be a lot of fun but not sure about the gay angle?

We were on the Vision this August and had a great time, though not many gay passengers!! Looking forward to meeting you guys onboard.

Ken

Just thought to share this info from Amsterdam's tourism website. Seems like we'll miss Koninginnenacht (Queen’s Night), but there will be plenty of festivities the day we arrive and through that night.

Plan to pack something orange!

Queen's Day must turn every other monarchy in the world green with envy as Amsterdam and the rest of the Netherlands turn a bright shade of orange to celebrate their royal family. Over Koninginnenacht (Queen’s Night) and into Koninginnedag (Queen’s Day), the carnival atmosphere spreads; DJs play parties on public squares; live music spills onto streets from cafe patio; and the gay-friendly strip Reguliersdwarsstraat erupts in street fiesta flamboyance.

Queen's Night

Koninginnenacht (Queen’s Night) kicks off the two-day royal bonanza and whatever you’re into, Amsterdam has something to suit.

Queen's Day (Daytime)

Wipe the sleep from your eyes, shake off the Queen’s Night-induced dustiness, grab your orange outfit and head into town for the mighty Koninginnedag (Queen’s Day).

Queen's Day (Evening)

As the sun sets on a glorious day of partying, there’s still plenty of fun to be had for those who just can’t get enough at organised parties and club nights - who will be the last one standing?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You'll love Queens day in Amsterdam. And the gay angle is definitely there; look for the pink amidst the orange...:-)

Just head for Reguliersdwarsstraat or Amstel/Halve Maanssteeg. It'll be a challenge finding anyone straight there...:-)

Enjoy your cruise!

You'll love Queens day in Amsterdam. And the gay angle is definitely there; look for the pink amidst the orange...:-)

Just head for Reguliersdwarsstraat or Amstel/Halve Maanssteeg. It'll be a challenge finding anyone straight there...:-)

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks. Definitely seems like quite an event. Should be a lot of fun. Are you going to be on the ship?

• 3 weeks later...
Guys,, are you doing a T/A to get to UK ?

Will you be spending time in London?

Jonathan

Hey, Jon. Unfortunately, no time to spend in London.

We're flying into Heathrow the same day that the cruise leaves (scary, I know) and going straight to Southampton to catch the cruise.

How is the new year treating you? Any interesting travel plans?

Hey, Jon. Unfortunately, no time to spend in London.

We're flying into Heathrow the same day that the cruise leaves (scary, I know) and going straight to Southampton to catch the cruise.

How is the new year treating you? Any interesting travel plans?

I have just booked Equinox for the T/A on May 2nd it does Florence and Rome which are the 2 places I missed by not catching the Ruby last year...

I just hope there is a good group of guys on there..

Shame you dont spend time in London :(

J

My partner and I along with our "for one night only lesbian" friend are booked on this cruise. We did it a couple of years back and really enjoyed it. If I remember right we got off in Oslo then.

Anyway, Queen's day in the Netherlands lol... So much for escaping the Royal celebrations in the Motherland that week!!

Off to buy a new Orange shirt and Spandex leggings.

Maybe see you in the Diamond lounge mate.

Keep smiling.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you all know that there was a significant price drop (at least here in the States) for the April 29 cruise so you may want to contact your travel agent to see if adjustments could be made. We were able to upgrade to an oceanview stateroom (from an interior). :):)

Unfortunately Phill and I have had to cancel this sailing - have a drink for us!!!

Ken

Sorry to read that you two won't be able to join. I'm sure there will not be any reluctance from this group to have a drink (or two, or three...) for you two.

Hi everyone,

My partner Steve and I are also booked on this short 4 night break. Too good to miss for the price.

Look forward to seeing you all onboard,

Simon & Steve.

Saw your post on the other thread as well. Glad to have more FODs on board.

Anyone else joining us?

Hi there!

I will be on Vision cruise 29 April and 03 May, B2B.

Overnight in Amsterdam means nice bars/clubs to go to. My favorit is a club called "Cockring" :D

Hope to see you all onboard Vision,

Tamer

Hi there!

I will be on Vision cruise 29 April and 03 May, B2B.

Overnight in Amsterdam means nice bars/clubs to go to. My favorit is a club called "Cockring" :D

Hope to see you all onboard Vision,

Tamer

Glad to have you onboard and looking forward to seeing you around. Hoping that the nightlife in Amsterdam will be awesome, especially with it being Queen's day.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to share this info I found on Queen's Day activities, in addition to the open-air party for gay and gay friendly people on the Westermarkt at the Homo Monument (beginning at 11 a.m. on the Queen’s day until late in the afternoon), and another one at the Reguliersdwarsstraat.

Queen's Day (Daytime)

Wipe the sleep from your eyes, shake off the Queen’s Night-induced dustiness, grab your orange outfit and head into town for the mighty Queen's Day (Koninginnedag).

The Royal Queen's Day Party - An unassuming multistorey car park for the rest of the year, on Queen's Day the Q-Park (on the Marnixstraat) is transformed into an immense house, dance and classics party. Forget your car but not your orange outfit! 12:00 - 20:00, free entrance.

Loveland Queen's Day - The 16th edition of Loveland Queen's Day at the Wertheimpark promises to be another unforgettable outdoor experience with a huge line-up of DJs representing a range of styles. 12:00 - 20:00, free entrance.

Click Q-Day Streetside - Bart Skils, Dimitri, Anton Pieëte and Stefano Richetta preside over this outdoor extravanganza at the Frederiksplein in the Centre District of Amsterdam. 12:00 - 20:00, free entrance.

Radio 538 at Museumplein - Amsterdam can easily boast the biggest Queen's Day event in The Netherlands with Radio 538's Museumplein party. Jaw-dropping line-up of DJs and performers guaranteed! 12:00 - 22:00, free entrance.

Queen's Day (Evening)

As the sun sets on a glorious day of partying, there’s still plenty of fun to be had for those who just can’t get enough at organised parties and club nights - who will be the last one standing?

SupermartXE Queen's Day Edition at AIR - AIR throws open both rooms for a night of progressive house tunes. Featuring a line-up of domestic and international DJs including Hugo Sanchez, DJ Phil Romano, DJ Antoine de la Cruz and DJ Benjamin. 20:00 - 05:00, 30 euros. 20:00 - 05:00, 25 euros presale, 35 euros on the door.

The 'Official' Queen's Day Party at The Sand - It's a house, tech-house and electro affair as The Sand move into the second day of Orange madness assisted by event organisers Little Sins and Nachtboetiek.

Loveland Queen's Day at Westergasterrein - The Loveland Queen's Day fun continues as the party moves to the Westergasterrein where all the daytime DJs return to the decks. Additional DJs including Arjuna Schiks and Presetone bring fresh energy to the team. 20:00 - 05:00, 22.50 euros.

Bla Bla - Queen's Day Special at Studio 80 - An immense line-up awaits at Studio 80 on the Rembrandtplein including Mauro Picotto, Daniel Sanchez, Daniel Sanchez, El Mundo & Satori and Bas Amro. 20:00 - 05:00, 15 euros.

Although we wont be joining in Southampton, my partner and I will be boarding in Copenhagen for the second leg of the journey

Looking forward to meeting you both. Should be a great trip -- hopefully we'll be far enough north (despite being late in the season) to see the Northern Lights while in Gerainger.

Archived