Random Wind questions

cynt

For those who have booked and sailed with Random Wind I have a few questions.

Is the pickup spot, Skijacks's @ Simpson Bay on the pier where we dock?

If not, do they pick you up from the pier or did you have to make your way to the pickup spot?

If you had to make your way to the pickup spot did you take a taxi?

How far was it and how much was the taxi ride?

We arrive at 9AM and it says they leave at 8:30AM but don't worry about the time. What time did you arrive and was it OK if it was after 8:30AM.

I know a lot of questions. Thanks for your help.

We were on Randomwind in July,the best time we had on entire cruise. When leaving the port just walk to the only exit where the cars go through, there is a turnstile for passengers, Diane will meet you there. The Randomwind is a ten minute walk to the harbor next door. Diane used to live in Charlestown S.C. E-mail her to see if she needs any stuff from the states,we did, found out She needed Gap or Old Navy shorts (size 4,really). Read the reviews on tripadvisor,all great. Have a great trip, say hi to Diane, we will be there in Feb.to sail again NIck

We were on Randomwind in July,the best time we had on entire cruise. When leaving the port just walk to the only exit where the cars go through, there is a turnstile for passengers, Diane will meet you there. The Randomwind is a ten minute walk to the harbor next door. Diane used to live in Charlestown S.C. E-mail her to see if she needs any stuff from the states,we did, found out She needed Gap or Old Navy shorts (size 4,really). Read the reviews on tripadvisor,all great. Have a great trip, say hi to Diane, we will be there in Feb.to sail again NIck

Thanks for the info Nick. I appreciate it.

If reservations are made from passengers, the sailboat holds max,18 or 20 pickup is at the 10 min.walk pier. Skipjack's is a 10-15 min car/cab ride from the cruise ship pier. Simpson Bay, Skipjack's. I think the fare is $12pp round trip. Nick

If reservations are made from passengers, the sailboat holds max,18 or 20 pickup is at the 10 min.walk pier. Skipjack's is a 10-15 min car/cab ride from the cruise ship pier. Simpson Bay, Skipjack's. I think the fare is $12pp round trip. Nick

Thanks Nik.

• 1 month later...

http://www.randomwind.com/

I just got back from sailing on the Oasis and while in St Maarten we sailed on Random Wind. It was AMAZING. One of the BEST excursions I have done in years. I just got home - so have a million things going on right now - I will post more info later. But if you are looking for something fun to do in St Maarten - check out the link.

Kathy

We were on the Randomwind in July,charted the whole boat for family (19 of us ages 2-65) reunion,the best time we had on our entire cruise. Read the reviews on Tripadvisor. Were going to sail again on our Feb cruise. If you go say hi to Diane,the owner. Have a good cruise, Nick

http://www.randomwind.com/

I just got back from sailing on the Oasis and while in St Maarten we sailed on Random Wind. It was AMAZING. One of the BEST excursions I have done in years. I just got home - so have a million things going on right now - I will post more info later. But if you are looking for something fun to do in St Maarten - check out the link.

Kathy

We will be on the Oasis in January and were wondering about transportation to/from Random Wind? Thanks Kathy!

Teri

Archived