oceana questions

asda

oceana questions

can anyone please answer these questions (mum only booked it last night and is going in 10 days)

outside staterooms do they provide bathrobes?

which is the buffet resteraunt?

i have just read some reviews on this website that marco pierre white resteraunt is free at lunch time and about £4.99 in the evening.is this right as other ships charge alot more?

icecreams are free from 11-11.30 am?

all these i have read on oceana main page on this site

thanks for any replies

oceana questions

can anyone please answer these questions (mum only booked it last night and is going in 10 days)

outside staterooms do they provide bathrobes? NO

which is the buffet restaurant? PLAZA, a lovely position where a crows nest is usually on a ship. When we were in the Fjords, we ate breakfast there surrounded by views of mountains and fjords, wonderful.

i have just read some reviews on this website that marco pierre white restaurant is free at lunch time and about £4.99 in the evening.is this right as other ships charge alot more? Yes, about that. The surroundings are not as good as say the Rhodes restaurants as on Oceana MPW consists of tables around the Atrium, but food was good for the small supplement charged.

icecreams are free from 11-11.30 am? Never saw them, but then I wasn't after a Ice-cream at 11am in morning a hour or so after breakfast lol, but that may be correct.

all these i have read on oceana main page on this site

thanks for any replies

I have some photos of Oceana, showing MPW restaurant around the Atrium and the view from the Plaza buffet restaurant.

click this link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/OceanaAugust2009FjordsCruise?authkey=Gv1sRgCPSenbjJ_a7hXQ#5378440949470303378

Asda,

Please be aware if your Mum is on the transatlantic to Barbados then half of the Buffet area is going to be closed for refurbishment. They are going to open other venues for eating, ie another restaurant.

thanks for answering .yes we knew about that, will the other dining options be included or will there be a charge?.

No free ice cream at any time, Cafe Jardin free at breakfast and lunch cover charge in the evening. No bathrobes, P&O is not Cunard.....:)

Ice cream is always available, in a short time slot, on all P&O ships that we have been on.

Bathrobes are also available in certain categories of cabins, but not all.

Smee, have you ever cruised P&O or are your replies just a figment of your imagination? You are often so inaccurate with your replies that it does make me wonder at your experience of P&O. Perhaps you take your information from posts on here and the brochure, both of which can be misleading.

Oops, I forgot you know best Merlin......:o:o

No Smee, just my experience of P&O. If you know better, then I shall bow to that.

If you have over 250 days on board then of course you know better than I do. Plus another 40 days booked. On our way to having cruised for a calendar year, when taking other cruise lines into account, RCI, Cunard.

thanks for answering .yes we knew about that, will the other dining options be included or will there be a charge?.

Other dining options will be included apart from the ones that you normally pay for, ie Cafe Jardin, Horizon etc. these are the evening ones.

Rex

''Bathrobes are also available in certain categories of cabins, but not all.''

True, usually Suites and mini suites, and in some deluxe balconies only.

Asdas parents are in outside cabins, and as I answered above; NO they won't get bathrobes. Asda's mum could take a lightweight silky one, thats what I do, takes no room in a case, and no weight :)

No Smee, just my experience of P&O. If you know better, then I shall bow to that.

If you have over 250 days on board then of course you know better than I do. Plus another 40 days booked. On our way to having cruised for a calendar year, when taking other cruise lines into account, RCI, Cunard.

You also obviously have rather a large cranium...............:eek:

Smee you do make me laugh....:D:D:D

Think you should concentrate on your Thomson experience as that is where you have cruised mainly. I have noticed you have removed it from your profile though. Pot calling the kettle springs to mind.:rolleyes::o

Very good thank you, would recommend Oceana. I do admit I have only ever done 5 cruises, we were cruising long before I got involved with this forum, although we have travelled the world quite extensively including tours of the United States and Australia, Middle East, parts of Africa and of course Europe. But as we are getting older we now like the idea of cruising....:):):)

Very good thank you, would recommend Oceana. I do admit I have only ever done 5 cruises, we were cruising long before I got involved with this forum, although we have travelled the world quite extensively including tours of the United States and Australia twice, Middle East, parts of Africa and of course Europe. But as we are getting older we now like the idea of cruising....:):):)

We have also been to Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong and Bali...

I accept that I do.Thank you for your insight. Actually it's a Mensa cranium, but I don't like to mention that.

Perhaps Smees absence is commensurate with some troll like activity, they disappear as quickly as they appear, to post controversial posts, OR, they are actually on a real cruise and my doubts are unfounded.

smee......what exactly is your point? Most people even ex Ov passengers have travelled to many countries. The difference being we don't need to brag. As I see it you are just a snob.:D

I may be a snob but you are a Prxt..............:eek:

I accept that I do.Thank you for your insight. Actually it's a Mensa cranium, but I don't like to mention that.

Perhaps Smees absence is commensurate with some troll like activity, they disappear as quickly as they appear, to post controversial posts, OR, they are actually on a real cruise and my doubts are unfounded.

Hi Merlin

It looks like you are correct about the Troll. :D

Hi Smee

Pleased you enjoyed, any chance of a review (warts and all) We are cruising in March 2011,did you use the MPW? we went to the Rhodes restaurant on Oriana and loved it.

We are cruising again in March, god I hope we are not on the same one..:eek::eek:

Archived