Just off Explorer of the Seas......

melimaup

and all I can say is that Royal Caribbean is AMAZING!!!!!!!! Review and pics to come! If anyone has any questions about Explorer feel free to ask!

Two daughters age 8 and 13. My 13 year old is real shy and I am thinking that if their is no supervised things to do she may not meet or interact with others. But I could be wrong!

Thanks a lot!! Have a great day!;)

Thanks so much for the review! We will be on her in Oct of 2011 to Canada/New England. If anyone could give us suggestions on where to stay and park , we would appreciate it. We have never sailed from NJ and so we are sort of "in the dark" as where to stay. We are looking @ the Hyatt in Jersey City, but are open to any suggestions We don't want to pay an enormous amount for just one night pre cruise but don't want bedbugs either-LOL! We will be driving up the day before from Richmond,Va. Thanks for any help.

We're staying at the Marriott Spring Hill Suites at the Newark Airport (just off the grounds) and we got a great park and cruise deal. We did not book through the hotel or Marriott but rather through one of the park and cruise/ park and fly web sites. Just Google those terms. I think it cost $145 for the night plus 21 nights parking (we're doing a back-to-back). I feel confident that bedbugs won't be a problem as Marrioot has a sterling reputation. Bon Voyage!

Guest maddycat
Thanks so much for the review! We will be on her in Oct of 2011 to Canada/New England. If anyone could give us suggestions on where to stay and park , we would appreciate it. We have never sailed from NJ and so we are sort of "in the dark" as where to stay. We are looking @ the Hyatt in Jersey City, but are open to any suggestions We don't want to pay an enormous amount for just one night pre cruise but don't want bedbugs either-LOL! We will be driving up the day before from Richmond,Va. Thanks for any help.

You should post you question on the North American

Homeports, East Coast Departures CC board.

Not another Bayonne Hotel thread ??? - Cruise Critic Message Boards

Still hoping to find out if the balcony dividers between grand suites open up. Anyone know?

I doubt it. I'm pretty sure on the RFS they were fixed, and I seem to remember others asking about GS's and getting a "no" answer. If it's important for you to find out, you might consider posting a new thread, as you only have a few of us here keeping up with this one.

Dave

The cruise director was Chris Northey and the captain was Carlos Pedercini. I don't know if they will be aboard on October 28.

They had an express art auction the afternoon of the first sea day. Then an exhibition and sale that evening. They had a grand finale art auction the afternoon of the second sea day.

Movies being shown in the cinema were "Alice in Wonderland", "Did You Hear About the Morgans?" and "It's Complicated". These same movies were also shown on the cabin tv.

Thanks for the response.

Could have swore I heard that the art auctions were gone! :(

The make your own animal at sea sounds remarkably like Build a Bear Workshop! I usually bring my own "animal" with me. Our sailing is the Halloween sailing so I am bringing my "fiend" (correct spelling) as I did once before. He came with us to dinner, sat at our table in the place of honor and the waiter made a little serving towel to put over his arm turning him into a junior waiter.

MARAPRINCE

Well, it's a bit of a ramble, but my review of EOS from 9/25 just got posted. Much else that I'd have to say would repeat what I put in there (but of course, I LOVED it!)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=73584

And also of course, feel free to ask for clarifications, if need be.

RareBird, we brought a few bottles of water onboard, but I found the tap water to have no foul taste at all. (DW won't drink tap, but I have no problems doing so...) We also got soda packages for our kids. Never figured out if it was worth it, money-wise, but it was sure nice just waving the card and saying "Coke, plz" and not having to sign or anything.

Erie 13, I think I remember seeing Fox, although DD kept the set on Cartoon Channel for most of the cruise :) . (I tend to try to avoid tv, if I can, and news especially. Gets me too worked up, if you know what I mean. Not what I want on vacation.)

Dave

Thanks for the review! Guess what...we're actually going to be in the same room! Of all things...:)

Quick question - can you control the temperature in the room and what is the interior temperature like?

Archived