Samana Excersions

betta128

You definitely want to do some type of tour in Samana as there is not much to see or do there. We did the beach tour through RC which was really nice. Some of the people in our roll call did some private tours with Terry and I believe they were happy with their tours.

Sherri:)

We were in Samana with the Grandeur of the Seas and it was amazing. Our excursion got canceled and someone from the Explorations staff recommended the Cave Mangrove exploration and Beach Escape. So we tried it. It was excellent. It could very well be called the best of Samana.

First off Samana is beautiful. It is a small port and you have to be tendered in. We took the tender to the pier where we were met by the crew for the tour. They loaded us on a Catamaran (motorized) and we went across the bay (it is a huge bay about 10-15 miles across) were we went to the National Park. It was amazing. we cruised around the coves and bays and saw a bunch of wildlife. Then we made a couple of stops and walked (a very easy walk) through a couple of caves it was very cool, I will upload some pictures to give you an idea. Then after that part of the tour they took us to an island where all the people that wanted to spend a day at the beach off the ship were. It was very nice, sort of like Labadee. The water was very nice and excellent for snorkeling. We saw tons of Starfish and found several sea horses. The water was very calm and there were several kids that joined us after we started finding "wildlife" underwater. (I Volunteer at a local aquarium so had a slight advantage of knowing where to look)

Then they had tenders back to the ship.

The only bad thing is the boat that takes you on the tour doesn't' have a bathroom and there is no bathroom in the National Park, so skip the morning coffee. There are flush toilet bathrooms at the Beach Island. They were surprisingly clean for the Caribbean. I will upload some pictures later.

I have you reserved for #1. You guys are the first ones to sign up for it at the moment. If you would like to make a post on Cruise Critic and let others know that it is available it might go a long way to help me ensure that we have at least 6 people.

Hi,

Have you tried looking on the Dominican Republic boards?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=7&f=374

We are going to Samana on the Enchantment next week, and have decided to do the Discover Samana tour.

Have a great cruise!

We were in Samana in July. We did the Discover Samana tour which said that you would see a whale museum which turned out to be one partial set of whale bones. A tour of churches included stopping along side the road of a church and we did not get off the bus. We stopped at the side of the road at some gift shop and then we went to an area that was suppose to have shopping but most people on the bus did not want to go too far down the street. It was to be a 2 to 3 hour tour but ended up being 5 1/2 hours. It rained most of the time and then we were caught behind a downed electrical pole for about 1/2 hour.

I would go on the other tour or stay on the ship.

Archived