Drink of the Day

Kimmisuecruiser

So, what's the scoop for the Drink of the Day? Are they cheaper? What kind of drinks are they? Are they different every day? Is there just one kind of drink of the day each day?

Not any cheaper and there is one per day but you can order anything you like any day. I dont care for them as I like frozen drinks and DOD's are just mixed

Let me see if I've gotten this right. They are not the frozen drinks. The ship chooses a particular one for that day's drink. You buy it at regular price, but, you keep the glass and all refills of that particular drink are $2 less then the original price the remainder of the day. Is that about right, or did I mess it up?

Oh, and if we decide to try more DOD's on the cruise, would it be fair to say that we could end up with a collection of ship glasses by the end of the 7 days? I, too, have often wondered how the drink of the day worked.

Let me see if I've gotten this right. They are not the frozen drinks. The ship chooses a particular one for that day's drink. You buy it at regular price, but, you keep the glass and all refills of that particular drink are $2 less then the original price the remainder of the day. Is that about right, or did I mess it up?

Oh, and if we decide to try more DOD's on the cruise, would it be fair to say that we could end up with a collection of ship glasses by the end of the 7 days? I, too, have often wondered how the drink of the day worked.

The only thing you missed is that you have to turn in the glass in order to receive the reduced price.

If you like the Funship Special which is the DOD on the first day, you can order it later on any other day of the cruise.

One trick I have learned is to ask for half a glass of ice when they make the drink. The less ice in the glass, the more drink that will fit.

Dave

You don't have to get the DOD in the souvenir glass. You can order a smaller size in a regular glass.

You can keep the souvenir glass for the rest of the cruise and reuse it for any drink you want. You can even bring the glass with you on your next cruise.

You don't have to get the DOD in the souvenir glass. You can order a smaller size in a regular glass.

You can keep the souvenir glass for the rest of the cruise and reuse it for any drink you want. You can even bring the glass with you on your next cruise.

What does the souvenir glass look like? Can you only get it when ordering the drink of the day, or are all drinks in the souvenir glass? Thanks

The regular glass only Looks smaller,,, we tried it by ordering one and then pouring it in the souvenir glass and it filled it to the rim... I order mine at the bar and let them know I like them strong and they are much better than the 1/2 melted version the waiters are walking around with.

What does the souvenir glass look like? Can you only get it when ordering the drink of the day, or are all drinks in the souvenir glass? Thanks

Here is a link to what the glass looks like: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=22794252&postcount=48.

You can order any drink in the glass (BTW - it is plastic, not glass)

Here is a link to what the glass looks like: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=22794252&postcount=48.

You can order any drink in the glass (BTW - it is plastic, not glass)

I have a collection of the tulip plastic drink glasses already and had to leave the 6 I collected from the last cruise because I had no room to bring them home:( With that said....what is your favorite DOD? As of my last cruise on the Glory it is the Goombay Smash...to die for delish!

Archived