Bed Bugs

mcfreck

I am worried about bed bugs on the Gem. Anyone have any comments or suggestions? Thanks.

Any location can get bed bugs and they are very had to get rid of. I would not worry about one ship or one cruise line in particular. Since you don't hear a lot about them on cruise ships, I am sure they have fairly good techniques for taking care of them on board.

It only takes one person coming on board with bed bugs to leave them behind. Personally, I check the bed anywhere I stay overnight for signs of bed bugs, but I have never found any (luckily).

Enjoy you cruise and don't worry.

Any location can get bed bugs and they are very had to get rid of. I would not worry about one ship or one cruise line in particular. Since you don't hear a lot about them on cruise ships, I am sure they have fairly good techniques for taking care of them on board.

It only takes one person coming on board with bed bugs to leave them behind. Personally, I check the bed anywhere I stay overnight for signs of bed bugs, but I have never found any (luckily).

Totally agree with you!!!! Hey last year coming off the Carnival Dream in a suite, we had bed bugs bites all over the three of us according to the doctor at home. Oh well, they are everywhere right now and that does not keep us from cruising or going anywhere else. Pre cruise we stay in hotels, so the issue is. After our last cruise, our 8 year old daughter at that time came down with H1N1. That virsus was all over the US when we left and got home. We don't live in a bubble.

I just did a tad bit of research, and the worst effect of a bedbug outbreak is a rash and "psychological effects". While a rash certainly sucks, and I would have to say that the "psychological effects" would suck, is it REALLY that big of a deal? Is this just another scare tactic like swine flu or bird flu or SARS?

Never put your suitcases down on any bed until you check the mattress for "BED BUG STREAKS". If you make this a habit EVERYWHERE you spend the night away from home you will not be likely to get bitten or to bring home any hitch-hiking bedbugs!:eek:

Never put your suitcases down on any bed until you check the mattress for "BED BUG STREAKS". If you make this a habit EVERYWHERE you spend the night away from home you will not be likely to get bitten or to bring home any hitch-hiking bedbugs!:eek:

And leave all luggage outside upon your return home until you can until you can properly cleanse you laundry and luggage

What are the signs of bedbugs.

google bedbugs --there thousands of articles.

BG

I agree. There are even pictures of what the bedbug "streaks" look like on the mattress and/or boxspring. If I ever see anything that looks even REMOTELY like one of those photos we would go immediately to the front desk to get another room or cabin!!

Archived