Last Minute Cruise Deals from the Port...

luvthesunNL

Jus wondering if anyone knows how easy or frequent it is to get a last minute deal at the cruise port. I've heard of people who've done it before but don't know any of them personally. Friends and I already have a cruise booked, and there are additional friends who would like to join us but will not know until last minute... Any help would be greatly appreciated!;)

Last minute now means 72 hours minimum, the ships must turn over their manifests to the Coast Guard at that time. If there are rooms still available at one week out, go for it. I don't know that you would get any real special deals though.

We live in Florida and used to be signed up with several travel agencies who would call us if a ship had last minute cabins but ever since 9-11 and the additional security no one seems to be doing this. Cruise lines are working much harder at getting ships filled to the 90-95% they need to make money as early as possible and then several weeks before the cruise will discount heavily to certain brokers who will then fill the remaining rooms but usually the prices and definitely the cabins are not the best.

We have started shopping for cruises earler and earlier because that is where the best bargins seem to be.

Have a great next cruise.

Actually, the cruise lines have to submit their passenger manifests to US Immigration and Homeland Security two days before a cruise departs, which means you have to book no later than four days prior. Since 9/11 the cruise lines stopped selling last minute cruises at the dock.

Archived