OBC Cash Minimum?

PreciousMissy

I have searched and read many posts on the site about on board credit: cards vs. cash...I have called NCL twice, the first time I was told $500 hold on debit cards per room, the second time I was told $300 or I can put down as much or as little cash as I choose. Every answer I have read or heard varies.

I would like to know if you used cash did they set a minimum amount to leave as a deposit? I will be sailing with my friend and rather than figure out who spent what, can I put down a cash deposit for my card only?

Are there any experienced cruisers who can help answer my questions? I do not have $500 for the cruise line to hold and whatever my charges may be once the cruise is over I do not have any credit cards to just have the hold put on (I don't have any at all for that matter). In all honesty I would prefer to use cash and keep it at $250.

TIA for your help!

I used cash on my recent cruise. They did not require a minimum amount. Remember that there will be the daily $12 or $12.50 (can't remember) for gratuities, so you will need to factor that in to your deposit amount if you plan to participate in that.

If you go over, they will put a hold on your card and you will need to go make an additional deposit. I usually get a print-out every day to keep track. If you have money left over, they will send a check to your cabin the night before debarkation and you can take that to the service desk and cash it in the morning.

Boo

• 1 month later...
I have searched and read many posts on the site about on board credit: cards vs. cash...I have called NCL twice, the first time I was told $500 hold on debit cards per room, the second time I was told $300 or I can put down as much or as little cash as I choose. Every answer I ave read or heard varies.

Im going through the same thing right now as you can see in my post here

I also found an answer here and it appears that BooBooMonkey said the same thing in this thread, "They did not require a minimum amount. Remember that there will be the daily $12 or $12.50 (can't remember) for gratuities"

Good luck!

Archived