Formal nights - Braemar Caribbean

Louise47

We are going on a Caribbean cruise in November. On our previous cruises to the Baltic and Norway, I found that 95% of the ladies wore black dresses for the formal nights and I was wondering if that will be the case in a warmer climate. Can anyone please advise me if the dress code will the same or can I wear something a little brighter.

Grateful for any help.

We are going on a Caribbean cruise in November. On our previous cruises to the Baltic and Norway, I found that 95% of the ladies wore black dresses for the formal nights and I was wondering if that will be the case in a warmer climate. Can anyone please advise me if the dress code will the same or can I wear something a little brighter.

Grateful for any help.

On our Caribbean cruise last year there were a variety of colours on the formal nights, I wore I Blue, I Silver and 1 Pink with a black top( looks better than it sounds). Some ladies wore Black evening trousers and sparkly tops and some wore multi coloured dreses. I would definately take some things in different colours as long as its smart it won't matter. Enjoy your cruise:)

For our transatlantic cruise that starts on Tuesday (at long last) I will have black with silver sparkles for the first formal, an all colours of the rainbow affair and a magneta coloured dress for the other two formals.

I just think the nicer weather gives a chance to move away from the usual black.

But wear whatever you feel comfortable in.

Hi there - we are on the 11/11 cruise. I agree with the other answers and I usually take one cocktail type dress, and I do have one long evening dress, which I am ashamed to say comes out most cruises - well I really like it and feel comfortable in it, and either trousers and sparkly top or skirt and frilly top. So long as it is smart you will be fine in any colour - as long as you feel good in what you are wearing - thats the main thing! Happy cruising. x

Archived