Cove Balcony

dac61

Here are some links to more information and pictures of the cove balconies. We booked one for the Carnival Magic transatlantic cruise from Barcelona to Galveston.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1264551&highlight=cove+balcony

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1297496&highlight=cove+balcony

We booked a cove on the Magic for 11-27-11. We are main deck mid ship. The difference in the balconies is that the regular balcony is all open above your railing. The cove is a cut out area just a little larger than an ocean view window with the outer part closed in with what looks like plexiglass but actually something different. It also has a railing. It has more privacy than a regular balcony. We are excited about experiencing one. Have heard nothing but good reviews about the cove.:D

Youtube has some great videos of the Cove....they look amazing! and they are getting rave reviews. We have booked cabin 2345 for our Feb. 26th cruise. Can't wait! We booked in August and they have been sold out for awhile now. The only ones still available are the ones who can hold 4 passengers - I assume they might release those to 2 passengers if they don't sell for 4???

All the cove balconies are located on deck 2. The coves are closer to the water line than other balconies--the view is awesome and the sound of the ship cutting through the sea is so relaxing! I don't know the dimensions, but I thought that the balcony was a little deeper than normal. The one thing to be aware of is that the coves have a weather door that the crew may need to close in case of inclement weather. I don't think that happens too often, though. Also, before you pick a cabin, you may want to see what is above you. On the Dream, we were below the galley and did hear some noise overhead that sounded like carts being rolled around. It was never enough to keep us from sleeping, but if I were booking one again, I would try to get a cabin under the dining area.

My DW and I are looking at a cruise on the Carnival Majic. We are not sure what the difference is between a balcony and a Cove balcony. Also what are the cove balcony locations on the ship.

We did the Cove on the Dream and it was the best balcony we have ever had, it is bigger than most, private! We Normally like to be up higher but will go with the Cove on the Dream class ships.

We booked a cove on the Magic for 11-27-11. We are main deck mid ship. The difference in the balconies is that the regular balcony is all open above your railing. The cove is a cut out area just a little larger than an ocean view window with the outer part closed in with what looks like plexiglass but actually something different. It also has a railing. It has more privacy than a regular balcony. We are excited about experiencing one. Have heard nothing but good reviews about the cove.:D

Hi roll call buddy! :) I'm afraid you're mistaken about the cove balconies being enclosed with something like plexiglas. From everything I have read and seen, they are open like other balconies, but with sort of a picture frame effect around the edge. The storm doors that are closed in extreme weather close across the balcony door (to the room), not across the outside of the balcony. We have one booked on our 11/27/11 cruise, too! :D

Archived