Cruising HAL at 30

planetcadillac

Wife and I are in our early 30s. We are considering taking the Maasdam at the end of December. We will be travelling with our parents. I know that HAL has been making an effort to appeal to a sophisticated crowd now that isnt necessarily 50s+. I know it wont be 24-7 partying like Carnival but would like to know from like mindeds about the social scene for our age group.

I've taken 2 Zuiderdam Caribbean cruises. Night life does die down a little after 10, but there was plenty to do. Took my son, early teen, and he enjoyed himself. Both times we had at least one other couple go along, but he also made new friends.

Food was very good, entertainment overall good.

GF and I are in our mid-20's and have cruise 4times with HAL. We too are looking at the end of Dec on the Maasdam as well or at the Zuiderdam for Jan. We have not been to the Caribbean, but have done Alaska 3x and Canada/New England all on HAL. We really like the laid back nature of the HAL crowd, and have noticed a pretty good mix of ages onboard. The avg age is up there a bit, but we are not really into partying and would rather have a relaxing trip so we continue with HAL. If you fit this same category I think you will find HAL a good fit.

My husband and I took our two teens and daughter age 11 on a Mediterranean cruise out of Rome in May. They loved the cruise - their first. They loved it so much my oldest, who will be 20 is planning a cruise on the Noordam for next May. We didn't find the average age being older to be a problem at all. My 17 yo loved Aaron Tessis, the guitarist who played live each evening in the Crows Nest on the Eurodam. They also enjoyed the Culinary Arts classes and in general the relaxed atmosphere aboard the ship. I know you are in a different age category but thought you might like to see that not everyone who sails on HAL is over 60! NOT that there is anything wrong with being over 60 as I grow older with each passing day.:o

diane

If you are cruising at the end of Dec, we have found the average age to be considerably younger during that time frame. However, if there aren't a lot of of night owls board I have found that many of the crew members try to "create" fun when people are looking for it.

I think you will have no issues - enjoy!

We are now 30's but were 20's when we started on HAL. My wife and I are pretty enamored with each other, and are happy to play cards or read or watch the ocean go by. But when we do venture out to the bar or club onboard, especially after ten, it is slim pickings. However, if there are only 10 couples there, you do get to know a few folks over the course of a week or two, and we find it is actually easier to make friends this way than if there were a hundred people in there. Also, it is less likely to be people from the typical "club scene" at home, and that's more our crowd.

If you like the typical "club scene", you will be disappointed.

Archived