Pilot Baot On Strike On St. Thomas!!!!!

Yes We Can

Hard for me to have much sympathy with the "sick out" employees. I am retired military and a government worker. I have not had a COLA or annual pay raise increase in 2 years. If I don’t show up for work without a really good reason I would be fired and replaced. What makes them any different. US citizens getting Social Security have also not had a COLA in two years. Our deadbeat politicians are making sure that they get their yearly pay raises and screw everyone else. From what I have been reading this little problem is nothing compared to the other out of control crime problems that ST. Thomas is currently unable to deal with.

Hard for me to have much sympathy with the "sick out" employees. I am retired military and a government worker. I have not had a COLA or annual pay raise increase in 2 years. If I don’t show up for work without a really good reason I would be fired and replaced.

I cannot attest to the employees in St. Thomas, but of the employees in the US that are union that have sick outs have not had raises in 8-9 years - and yes, we can be fired. However, when you have 80% of work force participating, you can't fire all of them and still expect the company to run.

ok.. you guys keep us posted.. I hope this doesnt keep vessels from calling st. thomas. It would be bad for my cruise.. but way worse for the locals that count on revenue from cruisers.

Now that is a cruiser with a big heart. Awww, wish others would think of locals, too. lol

BTW, nice pic....Love it

Archived