Review of Panraven digital photo book

petersoj

In the past we were very happy; however it has changed & you no longer get what you paid for...that's the current problem.

They have the same 100 page books on display only to pay for it onboard to find out it's now a 38 page book is completely wrong. If they are going to change their book they need to tell us. So for those who like us were happy in the past...the rules have changed without informing us. It's at the least deceptive if not completely fraudulent.

Princess, it's Panraven & your photo vendor who represent you...and currently it's not a positive image when it comes to your photo book.

While we're not happy with the way our recent Panraven cruise book was handled, here's their reply to our inquiry. We're finally informed about these major modifications even though their statements about notifying us about the changes at purchase or in their email is not true.

It's too bad they didn't clearly tell everyone about their changes to avoid so much confusion. However now that we're aware of these changes, hopefully this might help anyone else know what to expect. And that in the future they'll inform buyers about these changes when they're purchased onboard. :rolleyes:

Thank you for writing, and I apologize for any confusion.

You are correct that the program has changed since your previous two book orders. We now run a different service onboard the ships, and as a result, the package does not have the same details. As you noted, you paid $60 for your previous books, which would logically entitle you to more pages and extra features, like the Dust Jacket cover. But since the book is now free, except for the shipping costs paid onboard, the amount included in the package is indeed less.

Please keep in mind that you only paid $9.95 for the book this time around, and you would have had to purchase gallery photos to be eligible for the book purchase in the past as well. Now, we are rewarding you for purchasing photos, rather than still asking you to buy another product. Also, the program has always had a 90-day completion time frame, both for the Signature Plus books and the Photo Journals.

The Signature Plus package is no longer available and was discontinued in August, 2010. The Photo Journal package credit includes the number of pages that came with the pre-made story in your account, which is 38. The staff should have communicated this point to you, and it is also listed as one of the FAQs on the info sheet they give out in the gallery. Any confirmation emails sent from us would have stated these same details. (Neither of these were done with no FAQ given) The Die-Cut Window hard cover in either linen or vellum (and a variety of colors) is also free with this package. You can certainly add extra pages (for 99 cents each) and can upgrade to other cover types for a fee during the Order process.

The program has had an additional change since the magazine blurb in fall. The digital photos are not automatically included with the book package and are sold separately on discs or memory sticks. This was a decision by Princess Cruises, and it is their policy. That change occurred at the end of November, but I apologize again if this was not clearly stated to you. The magazine ad was published before that change in policy.

I hope that clears things up, but please let me know if you have further questions about the book or your account in general. I'll do my best to help!

While we're not happy with the way our recent Panraven cruise book was handled, here's their reply to our inquiry. We're finally informed about these major modifications even though their statements about notifying us about the changes at purchase or in their email is not true.

It's too bad they didn't clearly tell everyone about their changes to avoid so much confusion. However now that we're aware of these changes, hopefully this might help anyone else know what to expect. And that in the future they'll inform buyers about these changes when they're purchased onboard. :rolleyes:

Thank you for writing, and I apologize for any confusion.

You are correct that the program has changed since your previous two book orders. We now run a different service onboard the ships, and as a result, the package does not have the same details. As you noted, you paid $60 for your previous books, which would logically entitle you to more pages and extra features, like the Dust Jacket cover. But since the book is now free, except for the shipping costs paid onboard, the amount included in the package is indeed less.

Please keep in mind that you only paid $9.95 for the book this time around, and you would have had to purchase gallery photos to be eligible for the book purchase in the past as well. Now, we are rewarding you for purchasing photos, rather than still asking you to buy another product. Also, the program has always had a 90-day completion time frame, both for the Signature Plus books and the Photo Journals.

The Signature Plus package is no longer available and was discontinued in August, 2010. The Photo Journal package credit includes the number of pages that came with the pre-made story in your account, which is 38. The staff should have communicated this point to you, and it is also listed as one of the FAQs on the info sheet they give out in the gallery. Any confirmation emails sent from us would have stated these same details. (Neither of these were done with no FAQ given) The Die-Cut Window hard cover in either linen or vellum (and a variety of colors) is also free with this package. You can certainly add extra pages (for 99 cents each) and can upgrade to other cover types for a fee during the Order process.

The program has had an additional change since the magazine blurb in fall. The digital photos are not automatically included with the book package and are sold separately on discs or memory sticks. This was a decision by Princess Cruises, and it is their policy. That change occurred at the end of November, but I apologize again if this was not clearly stated to you. The magazine ad was published before that change in policy.

I hope that clears things up, but please let me know if you have further questions about the book or your account in general. I'll do my best to help!

I just had the same exact problem that you have had with them! it says on my order form photos purchased would be available on the Panraven website- nope-- and i was told 100 pages- also a no go- not happy with my first expieriance so far.

I just had the same exact problem that you have had with them! it says on my order form photos purchased would be available on the Panraven website- nope-- and i was told 100 pages- also a no go- not happy with my first expieriance so far.

I posted Panraven's reply so others will know what the photo gallery & Panraven should be telling us...they've changed the rules without telling us. :eek:

After talking with Princess they said to contact Panraven about this issue. Since it hasn't been resolved, we'll have to spend more time dealing with Princess in an effort to be treated fairly. We've already wasted many, many hours completing a book of our cruise & at checkout they finally tell us that it will cost us over $75 more to do it...so much for our "free" book. :rolleyes:

It ultimately comes down to a reflection on Princess when a vendor doesn't provide what was promised. We were told they no longer downloaded the photos we bought without another fee. Even after talking to the photo gallery employee, we were NEVER told they changed it from a 100 page book to only 38 pages despite claiming we're told that at purchase & in their email...not to us! :confused:

• 1 month later...

I was happy with my Panraven purchase- sailed HAL Oosterdam- bought the 100page for ~$50 or 60

last cruise was on Princess- $9.95 for shipping & ~45 pages free, $1/page for any additional-I am basically going to pay the same price for HAL vs Princess.

I found the quality of Panraven to be superior pages/binding vs snapfish.

Didn't find Panraven to be easier than snapfish-- would equate it with Snapfish about 4-5 yrs ago-- but they have made alot of improvements over the years. Panraven site was user friendly but froze up alot & error messages alot- which made for a frustrating build of the album.

Overall happy with the product- & only reason I purchased it again was for the template being started & included- I like the stye & format.

60 d princess vs 90d HAL deadline is a nuissance but pushes me to get it done- so will look at it as a positive :)

• 1 year later...

I have sent messages to Princess via Facebook. The first one, they responded to quickly. When I came home from the cruise, the album was not uploaded like it should have been. When I called, the phone lines were busy or on hold for > 45 min, at which point I gave up.

I did finish my book in time without having to pay for an extension. The time frame was 60 days only! Now, I'm trying to follow up since I finished the book and ordered it on 1/1/13 and cannot tell if it is ever going to be shipped to me.

Luckily, I got a good deal and I think I only paid $40 for a $50 book, as well, I bought several digital images on the flash drive (that I had to buy as well). My family and I, we purchased many professional hard copies of pics as well.

I tried to follow up on FB this week to see what the status was of my photobook. Princess promised me that someone would get back to me from Panraven by phone. No one has done that and over 2 business days have transpired now.

Lastly, I wrote another message on the Princess FB page as now the panraven website is down and out.

Does anyone have any hope of me ever receiving the book I paid for? Since I charged it to my Princess account, I cannot even dispute the charges. Never mind the quality. As of tonight, I can't even access the online album. This is really awful!:(:(

Archived