Question on Destiny Balconies

karonijo

I just booked cabin #6350..which is an aft cabin. I had a chance to book cabin #6344 which has a large balcony but is not a wrap around. My question is..being I have never had a balcony on any Carnival ships before..is the aft balcony ok in size or will it be quite cramped? I have had balconies on the Princess ships and they were pretty nice in size. I just don't want to have to squeeze onto a balcony and feel cooped up. Neither my hubby or I are large people. Any opinions out there would be greatly appreciated. I may end of changing cabins if necessary.

Thanks for all your input. These boards have a wealth of information.

Karen :)

PS. Nantcket..are you out there..WE ARE BOOKED! WOOHOO!

Which sailing in July are you on? We are on the July 17 sailing. We originally booked and aft balcony, but changed to a regular balcony because of past issues with motion. From my understanding they are larger than the regular Cat. 8 balconies. You and your husband should enjoy it along with the panoramic view that you get with an aft balcony cabin.

Creolegirl is absolutely correct.... The aft cabin balconies are larger than the side balconies. The 2 of you should have plenty of space to have breakfast, enjoy some wine, take in the stars, or whatever suits you :) It was actually large enough for me to lay out in the sun as well, but you only get full sun into the balcony for a very short period of time.

We will be sailing on July 24th. It's been one itinerary I've have been dying to take. Never been to the Eastern and looking forward to it. I have heard so much about the aft cabins. I think I'll keep it and enjoy the experience. Hey, maybe we will get upgraded to the wrap around. :)

Thanks for the input.

#6344 is the L shaped cabin. I was more enticed by the view. I had heard so much about the aft view. When I booked, I asked the TA how the view was in 6344 and she said it was a normal side view...so I went for the aft. I really wanted the wraparound..just couldn't spend the extra money right now. Thanks for the advice.:)

• 2 years later...

We just returned from the Destiny, Cabin 6350. The cabin was fine, the balcony is plenty large enough. We were traveling with two other people who did not have a balcony and we had the steward bring us two extra chairs. We still had lots of room. We really enjoy the aft view. One small problem is that people (slobs) throw trash and cigarette butts out the back of the ship. One morning we had soggy pizza crust on the balcony. A bigger problem is that this cabin is right over the Criterion Lounge, which plays loud thumping latin music almost every night, from about 9:30 or 10 until the wee hours. If you're out late this will not affect you. But if you're early to bed and early to rise like us, it could be a problem.

Archived