Walkable from Ship?

Chesie

It is not a very nice port area to me. I would only use maybe an hour of my time prior to the ship departing to tour the town. Here is what I remember to be a walkable distance from the port: Cathedral, Museum, craft market, food market, restaurants and shops. I would take a taxi and go to Nelsons Dockyard, Shirley Height's, the bridge, Betty's Hope and Harmony Hall I think it is called. The beaches are also a nice in Antigua but to me the town has no appeal whatsoever.

I agree, there is not much to see within walking distance from the pier. You really need to get away from the pier area to see the real Antigua.

Hey T :D What did you did in Antigua? We are not beach people, just looking for a good restaurant and perhaps some shopping. Any suggestions?

###

Hey T :D What did you did in Antigua? We are not beach people, just looking for a good restaurant and perhaps some shopping. Any suggestions?

###

That's a tough question because we ALWAYS go to the beach in Antigua. Antigua is known for beaches, not shopping or fine dining. :)

###

Try Harmony Hall in Antigua it has a nice restaurant with lovely views and an art gallery and gift shop.

Yikes, sorry for the typo :o

That's a tough question because we ALWAYS go to the beach in Antigua. Antigua is known for beaches, not shopping or fine dining. :)

Try Harmony Hall in Antigua it has a nice restaurant with lovely views and an art gallery and gift shop.

Forget shopping in Antigua. For a memorable lunch, try Catherine's Cafe. It is owned by a French couple and has a terrific location, right on the water where you can look across to Nelson's old buildings.

Thank you all, I will research the two restaurants and not expect much shopping. One beach day out of the week just might be doable :p

###

Sorry to hijack this thread, but just wanted to comment/ask...

I am sailing with NCL, and antigua is one of the ports. We're not doing beach, but i'm thinking about booking a kayak/hike tour which would be in the morning until afternoon. We will probably head back to the ship to change/grab a bite to eat... which would leave us about 3 hours left at port.

Any suggestions on what we can do within those 3 hours? We'll probably grab something to eat on the ship so we won't be hungry.. and not interested in shopping. Some suggestions i read on this thread was catherdral, old fort, museum but seem lackluster (to us). Is there anything interesting to see that we'd be able to walk to within 3 hours???

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived