Upsell Fairy to Suite or Junior Suite?

globe9

Booked in a balcony on Triumph this December and go the upsell call today. We were offered a suite for +$240 or a Junior Suite for +$140 what we've already paid. Is this a good deal? What's the difference between a suite and a junior suite? This is our first balcony, and only b/c we got such a great deal. We're both pretty happy with just an outside usually. We don't spend much time in the room...and when we are in there, we're usually just sleeping or chilling out and reading in the bed. Not sure if we should spring for either one or not. Although VIP boarding is attractive to us.

What would ya'll do?

Thanks!

What's the difference between a suite and a junior suite though? The +$140 doesn't seem too bad, but if the JS isn't much more than just the regular balcony we booked for $359(after 2 price drops we caught), then we'll just stay put and use that $140 each($280 total) for S&S.

In my opinion, it's not so much a question of whether it is an attractive option financially but more a matter of location of the stateroom being offered as an upsell/upgrade. I'd be whipping out my Carnival deck plan or going online to check it out before I made a decision. You don't want to go from a good location to one that is under the disco, near the galley, etc.

Rose

I would stick with the cabin you have now and place that extra money on your Sign and Sail card or use it to eat at some nice restaurants in each port-of-call you will be visiting.

As far as not using your balcony? You will be surprise how much you will use it. Drink your morning coffee on your balcony and watch the sun come up. In the mid day when the pool deck is crowded and/or too loud you can retreat to your balcony with a nice cold drink or pot of coffee with a dish of cookies and read your favorite book. While getting ready to go out to dinner that night order your favorite cocktail from the nearest bar then bring it to your balcony and watch the sun go down.

I think you will be very spoiled once you start using your balcony. And then you will be able to say that you too belong to the BS Club (Balcony Snob's Club)

Booked in a balcony on Triumph this December and go the upsell call today. We were offered a suite for +$240 or a Junior Suite for +$140 what we've already paid. Is this a good deal? What's the difference between a suite and a junior suite? This is our first balcony, and only b/c we got such a great deal. We're both pretty happy with just an outside usually. We don't spend much time in the room...and when we are in there, we're usually just sleeping or chilling out and reading in the bed. Not sure if we should spring for either one or not. Although VIP boarding is attractive to us.

What would ya'll do?

Thanks!

The Junior suite on the Freedom looked like an ocean suite except it was on of all Decks the Lido way up front and had an extra window (partially obstructed), Then we walked out on the balcony and we realized the difference. It was missing half the balcony it was like a normal balony from a balcony room - not even wider. We didn't stay in it we did a room crawl with all room types represented. Fun, and for drinkers they had a different drink on each room.

Archived