What normal/basic food is available on Rhapsody of the Seas?

golfer76

I'm not much into fancy restaurant style food, so as per title...what foods are included in your fare? - are there chips/fries, pizzas, hot dogs, hamburgers and are there home style meals available in the MDR, eg meat and 3 vege or is it all fancy dining options?

Thanks. :)

Rhapsody has two main dining areas, the dining room and Windjammer buffet/cafe. I wouldn't say the restaurant meals are too fancy, but it is a more formal sit-down environment and they are from a menu. The buffet/cafe enables you to just select and serve yourself a fair variety of different dishes and sit where you wish.

There is also room service with its own choices for even more 'home' comfort.

Not sure if you've cruised before, but I'd suggest you will be able to find something to your taste.

You can also get fries, hamburgers, hotdogs near the pool area, as well as soft icecream.

We met an Aussie couple on the Rhapsody who didn't care to dress up in the evenings and enjoyed all their meals in the Windjammer.

Lots of great choices for everyone. Enjoy your cruise!

Golfer76, if you post on the cruise line, you will probably get even more responses. Some may even post menus for you. Enjoy. Pat

Thanks pacmom, I thought about that but I decided to put it in the Aus/NZ forum as I wasn't sure if the menu was different on other overseas cruises etc. I was interested in what RCI offer as food choices on Aussie cruises as I'm sure it differs slightly from American ones etc. ;):)

Hi,

I understand what you mean about the basic food, and yes the Rhapsody has a wide selection. My DH also prefers the basics, and out of all the ships we have been on so far, not many but enough to compare in an aussie way, the Rhapsody has topped all the others for their selection, by far. I must admit that I love my food, and I am guilty of trying everything on offer, and again the Rhapsody comes first in my opinion. You will not have any problems, except the fact that you will put on weight during this trip. The staff are so obliging, and if you want something, they will go all out to supply it for you. Breakfast in the Windjammer is wonderful. For example they make the most devine omeletes, with any added ingredients of your choice. These are made on the spot in front of you. As I said, we think this ship caters fully in the foodie area. Enjoy!!

Jen

Archived