Paradise Beach Murky water, Nachi the same?

NickCDN

if there hasn't been a storm, for awhile..the water can be beautiful. if a storm blows through, then the water can get churned up.

the week before we went, people we saying the water was murky, on our trip the water was clear and clean. turquoise to bright green. that's why the other post said "Neptune plays no favorites", i would say it was "mother nature".

So what is the best beach for clearer, less waves, and snorkeling in Cozumel? :confused:

Ali

As stated the water conditions will be the same at all the west side beaches, generaly there are no waves to speak of on the west side, the best snorkeling is at the southern most end off the reef. The east on the other hand has plenty of wave action especialy if a storm is blowing up and the wind is coming from the east. Watch out for wicked rip tides on the east side if the surf is up. Diving wise there is really not much to see on the east side as the wrecks and reefs are mainly on the west side.

As stated the water conditions will be the same at all the west side beaches, generaly there are no waves to speak of on the west side, the best snorkeling is at the southern most end off the reef. The east on the other hand has plenty of wave action especialy if a storm is blowing up and the wind is coming from the east. Watch out for wicked rip tides on the east side if the surf is up. Diving wise there is really not much to see on the east side as the wrecks and reefs are mainly on the west side.

Aha! An answer I can appreciate! Great...with kids i'll need less waves. They have never snorkeled and I want it to be a good experience. I will look into beaches on the south southwest side. If you happen to know the names of them that would be great! Also....since we will be visiting Roatan, Cayman, and Belize as well....is this the best choice for snorkeling with DS 16 and DD 12?

Thanks again!

Ali

We were at Nachi in January. The water was clear and there weren't many waves. However, we encountered tiny jelly fish that pinched the kids. You can't really see them. Maybe it was hatching season?:confused:

They offer a snorkeling trip and DH and kids went out on. Two of the stops was fine, but one also had jelly-fish. Again, not much you can do about it. We'd go back again - enjoy!

Yes, what affects one beach resort will affect them all...

however, the good news is that the VAST majority of the time...the water is fine.

We have been going to Paradise Beach since it opened (sometimes as many as 5 times a year) and have only had 2 "bad water days".

The last visit was October 5th and the waves were literally beating up against the bottom of their wooden pier.

Now this was a disappointment for most since the beach resorts could not put out their water toys....but for our son with Autism...it was his best day EVER....HE LOVES WAVES. He was in heaven !!!!

Archived