Wine Pairing in 150 CP

SailinC2C

We really would like to do the Chef's Table on Oasis but don't know if we will have the patience to wait in line to see the Maitre 'd.

If we don't do that we want to do the wine pairing in 150 CP.

Someone had scanned the menu's for the restaurant and I notice there are two level's of wine quality, $55 and $75.

Has anyone done the wine pairing? Is the $55 pairing good or do you need to be doing the $75?

My wife and I had the Royal pairing and all wines paired perfectly with the food. I attached a pdf of the menu from our 10/23 cruise. It also has the Chef Table menu. I have pictures of the Chefs Table food but regrettably, I forgot my camera for 150. I can post the pictures if you want.

My wife and I are from Boston and consider ourselves "foodies". 150 was one of the best dinners we have ever had. I am allergic to fish, but not shellfish and the chef gladly substituted a perfectly cooked, crispy-skinned chicken breast for the halibut. The lobster medallions alone were worth the price of admission.

The Chefs Table was also very good and a fun time. Personally, I thought the food was a little better at 150 but I enjoyed the wines more at Chefs.

If you call RCI before your cruise they may be able to put you on a priority list for Chefs Table.

Enjoy your cruise, the Oasis is an amazing ship!

IMG.pdf

My wife and I had the Royal pairing and all wines paired perfectly with the food. I attached a pdf of the menu from our 10/23 cruise. It also has the Chef Table menu. I have pictures of the Chefs Table food but regrettably, I forgot my camera for 150. I can post the pictures if you want.

My wife and I are from Boston and consider ourselves "foodies". 150 was one of the best dinners we have ever had. I am allergic to fish, but not shellfish and the chef gladly substituted a perfectly cooked, crispy-skinned chicken breast for the halibut. The lobster medallions alone were worth the price of admission.

The Chefs Table was also very good and a fun time. Personally, I thought the food was a little better at 150 but I enjoyed the wines more at Chefs.

If you call RCI before your cruise they may be able to put you on a priority list for Chefs Table.

Maybe we can do 150 Park after all. DH does not eat meat but will eat fish and poultry. Maybe the chef would substitute the crispy skinned chicken for the veal. Did you each get a wine pairing or share a glass for each course.

I will agree with you..I enjoyed the new menu in 150 Central Park more than I did the Chef's Table. I dined at 150 Central Park on the Oct 16 sailing the first week they had this new menu. I was so pleased with everything and did the wine pairing..$75 per person.

I did try the Chef's Table last December on the inaugural sailing. A very nice experience but I do have to give the nod to the new 150 Central Park menu as well. Everything was very tasty and very well presented.

Here is another review of the Chef's Table with photos of the menu items. This was from a January sailing of Oasis

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1120029

Chef's Table is the same menu and wines we have had in Chops for their Wine Dinner(which is not well publicized for some reason that is beyond me). We enjoy the Wine Dinner in Portofino much better and think we will skip the Chef's Table since it will be a repeat for us. jmho

Thanks for Information. We will probably do the Royal Pairing as well.

We did the Chef's table on the Crown. We had 10 courses that were all really great, but we thought the main was a little plain. Lot's of food, but not innovative.

Archived