S Caribbean Patters?

marlinmike

I just returned from the 10-day Southern Caribbean out of FLL. Did the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan a six years ago. to me, the menus were just about the same as before.

I would look at the menus at the specialty dining room you are interested in when you board.

I just returned from the 10-day Southern Caribbean out of FLL. Did the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan a six years ago. to me, the menus were just about the same as before.

I would look at the menus at the specialty dining room you are interested in when you board.

Leaving on this trip out of FLL in less than a month. Anything we should make sure not to miss? (or make sure to miss :-))

Leaving on this trip out of FLL in less than a month. Anything we should make sure not to miss? (or make sure to miss :-))

Here are some of my thoughts:

We enjoyed having a glass of wine with tapas before dinner in Vines. If you buy a full bottle and don't drink it there, they will send it to your table in the MDR. Desserts were very good at the International Cafe.

We had planned to go to Sabatini's due to rave reviews by two couples at our table--but didn't make it. We were pretty much stuffed full by mid-week (didn't stop us from continuing to stuff ourselves though.)

The other 3 couples at our tables were much more experienced cruisers than we were and all just picked up tours dockside and appeared to have paid about a fourth of what we had and had a better tour as it was more personal.

Buy spices in Grenada--my suitcase smells so good just bringing them home.

I also thought Grenada had the best selection of souvenirs. I decided I didn't buy enough dish towels in Grenada so waited until we got to Aruba (prices were high (almost double Grenada) in Bonaire)--and couldn't find any! Every store had the same thing--whether in the open market or in the stores in town.

The $10 sale in the dining room were not items from the ship, but from Bijoux Terner. Don't fight the crowds in the dining room--just buy from the store in Aruba!

I loved the pizza, my husband didn't. I hated MUTS, my husband loved it. The coffee in the Horizon Court is pretty tasteless--I found if I served myself at breakfast out of the "spigot" it at least somewhat tasted and smelled like coffee. The coffee out of the carafes from the servers seemed just like warm brown water. I think the liquid coffee separates and sinks to the bottom of the carafe. Wasn't motivated to go get coffee on deck 5 at the International cafe to haul it up to deck 15 for breakfast (our cabin was on deck 9.)

If the captain announces that the ship is approaching a rain storm and seek cover, don't delay--get indoors ASAP -- or you too can be soaked to the skin in 30 seconds!

Have a wonderful cruise--we did!

Archived