Zuiderdam cabin question

Italian Nancy

Hi there, we are looking at b2b cruises Sept 10 & 17th. and they have some AFT cabins available to book, they are on the Verandah deck, 5, # 5184,5180,5183 & 5185. Has anyone stayed in these and are the balconies as large as they seem to be ???

Many thanks to all that reply. If they are as good as they say, we want to jump on them immediately. hurricane season and all

Nancy

We stayed in 5181 and really enjoyed it. (they all seem pretty similar) We did not feel that the motion was too much for us, although that seems it could be a problem for some. The large area of the verandah was great. We had several people out there with us and it was not too crowded. The verandah, while not private because the people above get a view of your verandah, was not a big deal to us. I wish we had another aft for our next cruise, but probably not that lucky with a VC guarantee.

March 12th I'll be on the Zuiderdam in cabin 5185, please look for my review upon my return, I'll comment on that cabin. From what I hear, this is a huge balcony. I am sailing with 4 other friends and we plan on using that balcony alot.

Did you notice any excess noise from the pool area above ???

My husband and I cruised on the Zuiderdam in November and upon arrival we were assigned a different room from what we had booked. It initially sounded great but soon found out it gets really noisy below the Sea View Bar/Lido storage areas between the hours of 5 pm - 8 pm. I think we were in #8109. Didn't ruin the cruise by any means!!!! I'd probably request a different room next time but nothing could ruin our cruise.

We were in 5185 early this month and it was great. No extra noise, and felt like you were on a private yacht looking out on the sea, enjoy.

Marshall

I've read other places that the aft cabins get particularly hot while in port. Has anyone had that experience? Also, since we are looking at the VA cabins rather than the S's (due to price) I was wondering about some complaints that these are particularly small and have very little storage space. Does anyone have interior shots of the VA aft cabins?

Thanks for all and any help!

We were on the aft, and it was warm when it was sunny, but no different then being up on deck. The cabin was fine if you kept the drapes drawn when the sun was out. Had enough storage space and had almost no noise from the engines. Just one day pulling into port.This site had different type of cabin pics. Hope they help.

Marshall

http://www.maritimematters.com/zuiderdam6.html

The A aft cabins are slightly narrower than the side verandah cabins. The closet configuration was different in the 3 different cabins I looked in. There was plenty of space to put everything, but it's awkward getting in and out of the bathroom if someone else is getting things out of the closet. There is also storage space under the cushions of the sofa/loveseat, and in the stool. Most of that space in our cabin was full of bedspreads and blankets, but I am sure had we needed to use it we could have had the steward remove them. I did not find our cabin at all small, but I have never had a suite so I am not too picky yet. I can email a couple of pix to you if you'd like to see inside shots of an A aft. ksc@rfd.com

Archived