Solstice 10.10.10 - Photos and ramblings

ReelG8r

Just wanted to share our experience from our first Celebrity cruise. Even though we got sidetracked by Hurricane Paula, the cruise was great, the ship was beautiful and the staff was friendly and attentive.

I’m more into photos from the places we visit, usually taking hundreds during a week. I think my final tally from this cruise was over 600.

We boarded early, arriving at the port at 11:20. We were on the ship by 11:38 and Jen had planned for us to go straight to Bistro on five for lunch. Having the Premium drink package, we started out our vacation with a drink with our lunch. Jen said the Cowboy was great and my Buffalo was kickin’.

PA100002.jpg

We toured the ship after lunch, as we waited for our room to open up. Loved our room. The veranda was something we enjoyed every day!

100_1988.jpg

One of my favorite places on the ship! Drinks and a little golf!

100_1984.jpg

b73f3e2e.jpg

We after the sail away, we went downstairs got ready for a fantastic dinner at Murano. Everything was great. I think we tried all their recommendations.

Sea day was relaxing, spent most of it upstairs near the Mast Bar people watching.

Can’t believe we were so close to Cuba. We woke up early on Monday and thought Cuba was low clouds, but as the sun rose, it came into focus. Would really love to go there one day as well.

First night in the MDR and then on to see Solstice the Show after the Capt. Kafetzis (Greek) welcome monologue and welcome.

2bbf13e0.jpg

Grand Cayman, we didn’t have anything planned, so we took our time with breakfast then down to the Café al Bacio for a couple of coffees.

100_2042.jpg

100_2040.jpg

Then we headed to the tender to take us to Grand Cayman. No plans so we strolled down the street, stopped at Guy Harvey’s store/workshop. Saw the new license plate that had just been approved by the State of Florida as another new car tag. Continued on to a little restaurant right on the rocky water line. Couple of the seats were in the splash zone with the big swells that were rolling in from Paula.

100_2044.jpg

100_2126-1.jpg

100_2128-1.jpg

100_2215.jpg

Speaking of swells, the loading at the tenders was exciting! Waves coming over the pier. All the Carnival passengers were getting soaked waiting to board.

100_2201.jpg

When we got back on board, Capt. Kafetzis informed everyone of our new itinerary. Sounded fine to us, we weren’t going to do battle with Hurricane Paula.

We stayed on board in Montego Bay. Actually watched a farmer mowing the pasture across the bay on his Massey Ferguson. We planned dinner at Silk Harvest. Once again a great meal! Service was excellent and afterward we went to watch the hot glass show. Very cool!

100_2264.jpg

100_2257.jpg

9ca5d0a4.jpg

Labadee was great, just a beautiful place. Very relaxing time on the beach with a nice breeze. Definitely won’t mind going back there again in the future. When we got back to the ship, a pool party broke out, led by Joe. Dancers, music, mojitos. A good time, especially from our perch on the deck above the party.

100_2283.jpg

100_2374.jpg

We had just been to Nassau a month earlier, so we make any plans. Little lunch and quiet time on the beach and we were good to go. We loved the cruise and appreciate the captain, crew and Celebrity for making the best of a situation that Hurricane Paula presented. We’ll definitely go back with Celebrity.

More photos to follow......

LOVE the photos and comments! Please keep 'em coming. Did you think the Premium Drink Package was worth while??

Thanks! And yes. The way we figured with the speciality coffees in the morning, the large bottled water we always had in our hands, cold beers at the pool and then wine with dinner and drinks at the Molecular Bar, yes it's worth it. We'll purchase it again.

Great view from our veranda. The Captain at work in Nassau.

9050422164071.jpg

Lighthouse in Nassau.

The little pockets of water in the rock looked like fire in during the sunrise.

100_2517.jpg

100_2524.jpg

This boat cruised past us during our sea day on Friday.

100_2502.jpg

Really enjoyed your take on your cruise. The pictures make me want to leave right now for our cruise, which by the way isn't until Feb 6/11.

Also considering the premium package, so was glad to know you felt it was worthwhile. I feel the same.

Thanks again.

Hey Real G8r, what was the weather like during that time??? Hot? Cloudy?...we are thinking of doing a "hurricane" cruise next year but wondered about the weather...

weather was very pleasant. A few clouds, but most of the time it was beautiful weather. Now if we had been caught up in Hurricane Paula, it would of been a different story.

Archived