Back from Millie Feb 13 - 20

Kathy & George

Thanks for the heads up. I figured it wouldn't be the absolute greatest but it's better than sitting in an airport for 6 hours. I'm pretty bad. When I want to go home-I want to be there immediately. My husband loves alligators and figured he'd get a kick out of it. Did you have any problems with the luggage? Kathy

As much as I like Celebrity and the Millie, next year's itinerary on 2/19 is terrible. Although I love Antigua and St. Martin, that's basically it. I won't count the 2 pm arrival in San Jaun, I wouldn't bother getting off the ship. I must say though that there were certain things on the ship that I felt needed a do-over, like the ladies rooms, the toilet seat in my SS was very worn, the chairs in Rendevous were a little tattered.

As far as bringng wine to the dining room goes, we sometimes open our wine in the cabin to let it breath. We still pay the corkage.

Thanks for the heads up. I figured it wouldn't be the absolute greatest but it's better than sitting in an airport for 6 hours. I'm pretty bad. When I want to go home-I want to be there immediately. My husband loves alligators and figured he'd get a kick out of it. Did you have any problems with the luggage? Kathy
We had a late flight back too and felt the time was beter spent being active. When we disembarked (very early) customs was a breeze, just show ID. We located our luggage quickly and once outside we were directed to a bus where our luggage was loaded in the under storage section of the bus, sorted by airline destination. When the tour was over they drop you at your airport. If you can (depending on security clearances that day), check it with the sky cap (they take it early and store) because they don't let you manually check luggage at the desk until two hours before your flight. There was an area at the Ft. Lauderdale Airport where you could eat at tables. They were not to busy and we were able to stay there, munch on goodies and play cards until our flight was ready. Make sure your bags are under the weight limits, they are watching that very closely.

I'd like to hear from anyone that has stayed a deluxe oceanview stateroom with balcony on Vista Deck 7. We're booked in the Fall on the Barcelona to Venice cruise. From what I'm reading about various Celebrity ships including the Millie, some decks have rooms that are updated and spotless while others are in disrepair. Replies are appreciated!

I too have been waiting patiently to see if anyone has stayed in 6099 (SS) on the Millie - but haven't seen any recent posts regarding this cabin. If anyone out there has recently stayed in 6099 - would appreciate a review!

Thanks.

You've got us phych'd! We sail Sunday on the Millie and can't wait.

Interestingly, we had a similar experience on the Infinity last summer on the Inside Passage to your Coast Guard rescue. We watched from the front lounge topside while they prepared the helipad on the bow and made an evacuation.....at night and in motion. It was quite an operation and the Coast Guard pilot really showed his skill in the transfer. We understand our passenger made it to the hospital safely and was okay. In our case the ship only slowed down so the helicopter could catch us from Juneau.

Thanks for the great review.:)

RickandAnne:

Same thing here - the pilot hovered in front of the ship and they lowered down the basket and one person.

This took a total of about 20 minutes from start to finish when the first person hit the deck.

Say hello to Natalie, Anna, Mylinda of the activities staff.

Tell them Tom says hello.

Have a great trip.

Archived