Every night Traditional Dining

cs4225

Let's go back to rules vs. manners. You're telling me that if it weren't against Princess' rules, it would be thoroughly fine to monopolize a usually scarce resource (poolside seating) by dropping your book on a lounger, going off for lunch and a trivia game, and coming back a few hours later, likely depriving someone else of that chair in the meantime? Really?

That's exactly the difference to me. Actions that are unacceptable (chair hogging) have a policy in place to potentially remedy the situation. Actions that are acceptable to Princess (reserving traditional dining even if you're not going to be there every night) have no policy prohibiting it. You didn't answer my question from earlier, how many nights do you require people to be in the main dining room before they're allowed to book there? Is it 6/7, 5/7?

And the viable difference between that and depriving someone else of a (usually scarce) seat at early traditional - though one intends from the outset not to be there on "many" nights - is what, exactly?

Who makes the determination as to how many nights someone has to intend on being there before they're allowed to book traditional? Should there be a questionnaire before you make your deposit. What if people don't know the answer, should they be allowed to book or automatically be given anytime?

Whenever there arises the topic of traditional diners going to anytime instead...

Easy enough, I agree with you here. If someone misses their traditional time they shouldn't be utilizing anytime. But, just as with chair hogging, people will continue to do this until Princess enforces their policies.

Although, I guess you won't see this since you're done with the topic.

OK..so my personal feeling is....traditional dining is the best. You get familiar with the staff, have wonderful service, don't have to worry about a wait to be seated, and eat the best food. We always spend a night or two at a different venue on a 7 day cruise. that might be a night in a specialty restaurant, might be a late excursion and therefor the buffet, might mean a dinner in port.

We PERSONALLY believe more than 2 planned nights out of trad dining (on a 7 day) means WE would opt for anytime dining instead. Plans can change on a cruise...but if we wanted to do the extras on so many multiple nights going into it...we would do anytime dining.

That all said we much prefer traditional dining....clear as mud???:D

I"m assuming that you don't elect traditional seating any longer from your post. :rolleyes:

From what I see & read on Princess most people seem to be absent from the traditional dining at least 2 nights for various reasons which means, from your logic, that just about no one shouldn't be electing TD to begin with.

I"m assuming that you don't elect traditional seating any longer from your post. :rolleyes:

From what I see & read on Princess most people seem to be absent from the traditional dining at least 2 nights for various reasons which means, from your logic, that just about no one shouldn't be electing TD to begin with.

Happycruiser...I really could care less if you agree with me or not, I'm just saying this is how WE feel...NOT how you feel or anyone else. Yes, as stated we prefer Trad Dining and that is what WE choose, and would only miss a max of 2 nights in 7.

We prefer TD. This January on HAL there were only 4 of us on a table for 8. The others only came on the last night:rolleyes: The other couple dined elsewhere 2 evenings, so on those evenings we were two on a table for eight...bit of a let down. For our November cruise on princess we have requested a table for two. We do like a large table but don't want that experience again. I think it was better before anytime dining was introduced, we have had some great tablemates.

Archived