Celebrity in Australia not responding to Century Pax

BJC

I don’t know if anyone can assist, but our friends were on the Century when she had the steering problems off Nice, and it took them a lot of effort and expense getting back to Perth in Western Australia!:(

This included Century loosing their luggage which resulted in them missing their first flight, having to wait many hours at the airport before being able to get on another flight, many phone calls to their TA back in Australia which they had to pay for, and then having to spend extra night in Dubai in order to catch a connecting flight which cost them big time.

They have registered a claim with Celebrity / Royal Caribbean in Australia and have heard nothing from them, despite phone calls and e-mails, which we feel sorry and somewhat responsible for as we put them on to Celebrity.

Is there anything more that they can do, we are so far from anything here in Perth and feel that they are being ignored?:mad:

We are booked on the Century for a New Zealand Cruise next year, we are contemplating canceling as a show of solidarity, despite many wonderful cruises on Celebrity, Azamara and RCC.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Regards, BJC

Have them contact the Head Office in Miami. That should help them out with any issues.

Also, I don't think it is wise to sacrifice your vacation to show support for your friends. The best thing you can do is research who to contact in Miami and forward your friends that info.

When I absolutely have to have someone pay attention to something I have to say, I send a double-registered letter.

If you find the correct person to contact, perhaps that might get someone's attention.

If it were me, I would probably send it to Dan Hanrahan, because I've met him -- I don't mention that because he would remember me -- he would not -- but he seemed to be a very genuine man.

I don’t know if anyone can assist, but our friends were on the Century when she had the steering problems off Nice, and it took them a lot of effort and expense getting back to Perth in Western Australia!:(

This included Century loosing their luggage which resulted in them missing their first flight, having to wait many hours at the airport before being able to get on another flight, many phone calls to their TA back in Australia which they had to pay for, and then having to spend extra night in Dubai in order to catch a connecting flight which cost them big time.

They have registered a claim with Celebrity / Royal Caribbean in Australia and have heard nothing from them, despite phone calls and e-mails, which we feel sorry and somewhat responsible for as we put them on to Celebrity.

Is there anything more that they can do, we are so far from anything here in Perth and feel that they are being ignored?:mad:

We are booked on the Century for a New Zealand Cruise next year, we are contemplating canceling as a show of solidarity, despite many wonderful cruises on Celebrity, Azamara and RCC.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Regards, BJC

If you can easily change cruise lines without loosing money - then I would do it. Not only as a show of solidarity, but you already know what is going to happen if your ship runs into trouble.

Have your friend write a concise, short and polite email to:

DHanrahan@celebrity.com

That is the email address for Dan Hanrahan, the President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises. Most emails to him are handled by very high level assistants, however he has personally responded to me on one occasion. I didn't agree with his point of view, but he did retain me as a customer by showing actual interest in resolving my particular situation.

Also remind them that resolution may take some time, as there is a lot to sort out in this mess. I would be very surprised if they did not eventually receive satisfactory resolution using this method.

;)

Have your friend write a concise, short and polite email to:

DHanrahan@celebrity.com

That is the email address for Dan Hanrahan, the President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises. Most emails to him are handled by very high level assistants, however he has personally responded to me on one occasion. I didn't agree with his point of view, but he did retain me as a customer by showing actual interest in resolving my particular situation.

Also remind them that resolution may take some time, as there is a lot to sort out in this mess. I would be very surprised if they did not eventually receive satisfactory resolution using this method.

Make sure the letter is sent registered with receipt. I did this and was answered by return mail. This way you have proof.;)

Archived