Our wonderful family vacation aboard Oasis of the Seas - Nov 6-13, 2010

CariBear

I also was on Oasis last week. We noticied the smell in the first few hours on the ship on the top decks and several other times throughout the week. They really need to fix that problem. It was a lovely ship and wonderful trip except for the intermittent smell.

I too am in one of your pictures. I am the next person in line for the rock wall with the white shirt on. What an adrealine rush and am pretty proud my old self made it up to the first bell!! Who knew at 56 I could find a new sport!

Oasis was fun once but will probably want to do a smaller ship next time.

I too was on that sailing :) I vote we get a free do over since th weather stunk. I was really excited in Nassau, since it was so warm and sunny then bam, gross out again. First cruise I have never been sunburnt lol.

the smell was pretty gross, glad it was only here or there not all the time.

Were you hanging out one morning in the chairs on the boardwalk with your son when he has his fish balloon? The chairs by where you got the corn dogs etc? We had a boardwalk balcony and I think I have a pic with you guys in it. How funny is that.

I loved the ship, so much to do. I was bummed that they didnt have the phones, or the cooler bag, and that the book was only for sale 1 hr per day ( always when I was busy) It was hard enough keeping track of show changes.

We are all suprised at how little utilized the Aqua Theatre was . They only showed a few movies, and since it was down allmost all week , it wouldve been nice.

My son was in the 9-11 yo grouping so he probably played with your daughter at some point. I tipped the counslers 40.00 they were so awesome. I was suprised they let you take the pirate pics, I tried to take a pic of my son playing gaga ball and was told I wasnt allowed since i would get more than just my son in the pic??

Thanks to all who commented!!

Looking at the creation times of my pics and videos we arrived at port at 10:20 and were done with checking in and photos at 10:35. We sat and waited till they called suites at 11:00 and were about the first 100 or so to board after them. I can say I was in the Promenade by 11:10. First thing was to sign up for cupcake making class, that's where you can see my stepdaughter in front of cupcake cupboard. We then wanted the iphones but were not available, and niether was the cooler bag for beer I heard so much about.

Thanks for the tip on photobucket. I will try that.

I was surprised how fast we boarded the ship after arriving at the terminal! Everything went so smooth...it was amazing.

I had heard that the cooler bag/beer deal was sponsored by Budwiser and that they no longer had the cooler (on our sailing...not sure about future sailings). This was from a couple I saw in the elevator. They had a cooler bucket (plastic with the RCCL logo) instead.

I also was on Oasis last week. We noticied the smell in the first few hours on the ship on the top decks and several other times throughout the week. They really need to fix that problem. It was a lovely ship and wonderful trip except for the intermittent smell.

I too am in one of your pictures. I am the next person in line for the rock wall with the white shirt on. What an adrealine rush and am pretty proud my old self made it up to the first bell!! Who knew at 56 I could find a new sport!

Oasis was fun once but will probably want to do a smaller ship next time.

I can't believe you are in my photos too! With 6000 people on board it just seems crazy! I have to say...the rock wall was harder than it looked! At least for this out of shape gal!

I too was on that sailing :) I vote we get a free do over since th weather stunk. I was really excited in Nassau, since it was so warm and sunny then bam, gross out again. First cruise I have never been sunburnt lol.

the smell was pretty gross, glad it was only here or there not all the time.

Were you hanging out one morning in the chairs on the boardwalk with your son when he has his fish balloon? The chairs by where you got the corn dogs etc? We had a boardwalk balcony and I think I have a pic with you guys in it. How funny is that.

I loved the ship, so much to do. I was bummed that they didnt have the phones, or the cooler bag, and that the book was only for sale 1 hr per day ( always when I was busy) It was hard enough keeping track of show changes.

We are all suprised at how little utilized the Aqua Theatre was . They only showed a few movies, and since it was down allmost all week , it wouldve been nice.

My son was in the 9-11 yo grouping so he probably played with your daughter at some point. I tipped the counslers 40.00 they were so awesome. I was suprised they let you take the pirate pics, I tried to take a pic of my son playing gaga ball and was told I wasnt allowed since i would get more than just my son in the pic??

Yes!! That was my son with the fishing rod/fish balloon!! We were sitting right in front of the Boardwalk Bar so we could see him during the Circus Parade. He was one of the little tigers who jumped through the hoops. It really is a small world!!

The counselors were great! I know my daughter played with the 9-11 group on the last day as that is where I picked her up. She really had a blast in Adventure Ocean. I took lots of pictures during the parades...no one said anything to me. My husband also took video. I was told however that I could not take any pictures inside the Adventure Ocean classrooms when the children were present.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the great review... we sail Feb 5, 2011. My kids will be 8 and 10 so it was really great to hear how your 8yo enjoyed it.

Question for you... do you remember or have the schedules to look up if there were any special nights etc. in AO? We are trying to figure out what nights to book a couple of adult only dinners and was hoping the kids could do something fun in AO those nights.

Do they have a night where they will take the kids for dinner?

Thanks

Just fabulous! Thank you for sharing. There was nothing wrong with your camera nor with your photography skills. I thoroughly enjoyed all of them. Thank you for the photo review.

Thanks so much!!

Thanks for the great review... we sail Feb 5, 2011. My kids will be 8 and 10 so it was really great to hear how your 8yo enjoyed it.

Question for you... do you remember or have the schedules to look up if there were any special nights etc. in AO? We are trying to figure out what nights to book a couple of adult only dinners and was hoping the kids could do something fun in AO those nights.

Do they have a night where they will take the kids for dinner?

Thanks

I have a couple of the planners for the kids.....just got home from a short Disney stay and I can't find everything.....but here is some info:

Sunday evening - 7-10pm - This is the night my daughter (6-8 year olds) made a volcano out of clay. She loved this activity. The 9-11 age group shows jewelery making for the girls.....sports/Wii for the boys...and a science activity called fossil fever for both boys & girls.

Monday evening -

6-8 age group

Science - Getting Buggy

Art - Masks

9-11 age group

Pillow Cases

Tuesday evening-

6-8 age group

Sports Night- they take the kids up to the sports deck for dodgeball/basketball/baseball

Science - Body Shop

Creations - Jerseys (my daughter went to this session and did not do anything related to this activity)

9-11 age group

Science - Gravity Fillers

Creative Creations - Bandanas

Kid's Avenue Quest

Wednesday evening-

6-8 age group

Wear your PJ's - movie night

9-11 age group

sports night - they take the kids up to the sports deck for dodgeball/basketball/baseball

I am still looking for Thursday & Friday's Kids Planners. One of these nights my daughter (6-8 age group) made a pillowcase.....basically used fabric markers to color in the AO logo on the case.

She only stayed later 2 night......10-11pm....and they just do games during those times.

They played Bingo a couple of evenings and won little prizes. The last night she won an AO hat and a plush octopus (beanie baby sized).

Hope this helps!!

Sunday evening - 7-10pm - This is the night my daughter (6-8 year olds) made a volcano out of clay. She loved this activity. The 9-11 age group shows jewelery making for the girls.....sports/Wii for the boys...and a science activity called fossil fever for both boys & girls.

Monday evening -

6-8 age group

Science - Getting Buggy

Art - Masks

9-11 age group

Pillow Cases

Tuesday evening-

6-8 age group

Sports Night- they take the kids up to the sports deck for dodgeball/basketball/baseball

Science - Body Shop

Creations - Jerseys (my daughter went to this session and did not do anything related to this activity)

9-11 age group

Science - Gravity Fillers

Creative Creations - Bandanas

Kid's Avenue Quest

Wednesday evening-

6-8 age group

Wear your PJ's - movie night

9-11 age group

sports night - they take the kids up to the sports deck for dodgeball/basketball/baseball

I am still looking for Thursday & Friday's Kids Planners. One of these nights my daughter (6-8 age group) made a pillowcase.....basically used fabric markers to color in the AO logo on the case.

She only stayed later 2 night......10-11pm....and they just do games during those times.

They played Bingo a couple of evenings and won little prizes. The last night she won an AO hat and a plush octopus (beanie baby sized).

Hope this helps!!

Thanks tons! This helps for sure and fives me a great idea of what is going on in the evenings/days. It is the one thing that is a 'mystery' on RCL website. You can plan everything except the kids club.

The kids will love the information!:)

Wow, nice review. Glad you had a wonderful time.

Thank you!!

Thanks tons! This helps for sure and fives me a great idea of what is going on in the evenings/days. It is the one thing that is a 'mystery' on RCL website. You can plan everything except the kids club.

The kids will love the information!:)

You are welcome!

I found Thursday's Planner....this was the evening that the kids watched the Imaginocean Puppet Show......6-8 age group went at 7:30 and the 9-11 age group went at 8:15pm. The kid's talent show was during the afternoon session......

• 1 year later...

Archived