Wedding Dress

I was thinking about it...My dress is ball gown type so I am not sure I will get annoyed with it after awhile. I have also read some brides don't like the attention so they take theirs off as the night goes on..

Mine is a ballgown too. I just hate to think after all the money I paid for it I will only wear it for such a short amount of time. When are you getting married?

I did not wear my dress to dinner. I had thought about it, but after wearing it for a couple of hours, I was ready to take it off. I got married at 1 and dinner was at 6, after 5 hours I was done! I think it depends on the type of dress you have though too. I had an A-Line gown with the long bra and the big slip underneath. I had a hard time sitting comfortably in my gown so I got a more casual white dress and wore that to dinner instead. People still recognized us as the bridal couple and our family made sure it was known that we were newly weds! (We had 38 cruising with us!)

i'm going to attempt to keep mine on as long as possible (for as much as you pay for it...i'm trying to get my money's worth!)...

plus, i would think that pretty much guarantees you free drinks for the rest of the night (if you keep your dress on right? haha)

Even though our wedding was at noon, the wedding party, and even some of the guests, were in formal clothes. After the wedding (which was at Noon wedding(on board the ship while in port)I changed out of the dress so I could hang out on the pool deck after we sailed. Since it was formal night, I changed back into my gown. The wedding party and most of our guests also changed back into their wedding clothes for dinner.

I think I'm going to wear it all darn day!

We are getting married right before we sail on the ship. I wanted to keep mine all day as well. I'm just not sure what to doafter the muster drill. I'm thinking we can go take pictures all around the ship (with our own camera) to start, and then do an early dinner...say 6 ish. I probably will not have eaten much at the reception since I will be busy talking with guest, and it is also the hot/cold appetizers & cocktail reception. By 6, hack by 5 I will probably want some REAL food!!

Who knows maybe I'll go to a show or lounge that night & also hit the club in it as well, after all it's paid for and won't ever wear it again!

I'll probably get attention without the dress on any way. I'll be recognized as the bride who married the other bride! lol

I hope to wear mine to dinner. (we're having a wedding on embarkation day in port) It doesn't have a huge skirt or anything so I should be able to manage.

However, my fiance and his family want me to change dresses. They're chinese and part of their tradition is for the bride to wear multiple dresses throughout the wedding. I'm already have a second wedding dress to wear for the tea ceremony before the legal ceremony. But I think I love my dress too much to change.

I'll get a third one just in case I do decide to change though!

I hope to wear mine to dinner. (we're having a wedding on embarkation day in port) It doesn't have a huge skirt or anything so I should be able to manage.

However, my fiance and his family want me to change dresses. They're chinese and part of their tradition is for the bride to wear multiple dresses throughout the wedding. I'm already have a second wedding dress to wear for the tea ceremony before the legal ceremony. But I think I love my dress too much to change.

I saw a show on this. Don't you have to wear red sometime during the wedding? Good luck and best wishes to you.

I think I'm going to wear it all darn day!

We are getting married right before we sail on the ship. I wanted to keep mine all day as well. I'm just not sure what to doafter the muster drill. I'm thinking we can go take pictures all around the ship (with our own camera) to start, and then do an early dinner...say 6 ish. I probably will not have eaten much at the reception since I will be busy talking with guest, and it is also the hot/cold appetizers & cocktail reception. By 6, hack by 5 I will probably want some REAL food!!

Who knows maybe I'll go to a show or lounge that night & also hit the club in it as well, after all it's paid for and won't ever wear it again!

I'll probably get attention without the dress on any way. I'll be recognized as the bride who married the other bride! lol

your pic is so cute of the two of you. Good luck and best wishes to you too.

Go on girl!!

If you can afford it, do it.

We have to buy a gown for each of us so having more than one is not an option! :(

your pic is so cute of the two of you. Good luck and best wishes to you too.

Thannnnnnnnnnnnnnk YOU!!

That was May 09'.

We were actually just pulling into Nassau on RCCLs Majesty of the Seas.

It was our second cruise and my graduation gift from the soon-to-be Mrs.

I'm the short one!

I saw a show on this. Don't you have to wear red sometime during the wedding? Good luck and best wishes to you.

Go on girl!!

If you can afford it, do it.

We have to buy a gown for each of us so having more than one is not an option! :(

The red traditional chinese dress will be the first one I wear for the tea ceremony - I'll probably also wear it to the cruise ship terminal until I check in and have a chance to change into the white dress. Red and Gold are their celebration colours so it has to be in there somewhere!! I'm caucasian so we aren't going all out on the dresses, but I want to save the white wedding dress for the ceremony on the ship! And if I can stand it I want to wear it all night. (Although I don't know how comfortable I'll be with any extra attention!)

Lipz, I guess I am lucky in that my grooms tux rental is just over $100 leaving me with $1900 in our budget for all of my dresses. We ended up saving my tax return for the clothing budget! There are really cute white party dresses out there for around $100 - I think one of those might be my back-up!

And hey... if we stay in our dresses all night, maybe we can scam a bunch of free drinks!!

I am planning to wear mine to dinner. In fact, I asked all my sailing guests to wear their wedding attire to dinner as well. Everyone agreed without a problem, so that's the plan. My dress is so pretty, I want to stay in it as long as I can that evening. Although I got my dress at a great price, the cost was way more than I would spend on a single piece of clothing and it would be a shame to only wear it for just over an hour.

I really want to stay in my dress as long as possible. Its not a ball gown, has a corset back, and is actually not all the uncomfortable :)

I am asking everyone wear their wedding attire to dinner that night too!!

Hopefully we'll get some free drinks!!!!

I am planning to wear mine to dinner. In fact, I asked all my sailing guests to wear their wedding attire to dinner as well. Everyone agreed without a problem, so that's the plan. My dress is so pretty, I want to stay in it as long as I can that evening. Although I got my dress at a great price, the cost was way more than I would spend on a single piece of clothing and it would be a shame to only wear it for just over an hour.

I hadn't thought of having guest stay in wedding attire for the evening, but that is a cool idea. So far there are only 9 of us sailing and I doubt anyone will have a problem with it.

I am doing the same making them stay in their clothes. I am hoping to book the Steakhouse for dinner. Not sure what time yet or how many. I still have people booking.

The steakhouse would be great to dine in the first night! I wish I could afford to have everyone dine in there. I heard it's $30 per person. I put together some nice goody bags for my sailing guests and they are also getting champagne and strawberries along with $25 ship money in their rooms. I am going to try to pay for a dinner the night before we sail for all my guests staying at the hotel with us. This way I am doing something special with those who can't sail as well.

Archived