Nature Isle Explorers Tours

pauldevon

Thanks for all the informative posts on here!

I have two questions about champagne beach and the entrance fees.

1- At champagne beach,how much is it to rent only a life jacket?

2- Does everyone accept US dollars; especially to pay the entrance fees for the waterfalls?

We did Dominica's Most Captivating Tour with Donaldson last week, and it was awesome!

I am working on a review thread for the entire cruise, with tons of pictures. The part about the tour in Dominica starts with thread #107 HERE.

We did not do Champagne, so I can't answer that, but they definitely take US dollars at the falls. Donaldson collected everyone's money and got the passes for us.

Enjoy!

Sue

Edited by subtchr

Donaldson and Nature Isle Explorers is the way to go.

we did the Dominica jewel tour with ti tou gorge, Trafalgar falls mineral bath and champagne and it was just fantastic.

Donaldson did a wonderful job in making are cruise stop to Dominica a memorable one..

I highly recommend them.

We did the Dominica jewel tour, and it was a blast.

the swim at the gorge was truly amazing. we ended the tour with the champagne snorkel, it was our best snorkel in the Caribbean.

Overall we had a great day in Dominica.

I highly recommend nature isle explorers

We really like the itinerary of the Dominica jewel tour and have settled for it and excited for Dominica.

We did the Jewel tour with Donaldson over the holidays. There were 23 of us from a 2 year old to us grandparents. He was the best. Make sure you bring water shoes, those that did not truly regretted it. It is a hike up to the falls and down to the spa, not strenous, but can be slick on some of the rocks etc. He was so helpful, making sure everyone got through easily and did not rush us. He was the best, we had 2 drivers and they made it the best tour we have done in a long time in the caribbean.

We highly recommend the Nature Isle Explorer Tours and Donaldson the tour director. We did Titou Gorge, Trafalgar Falls and Champagne Beach and surrounding areas. Donaldson gave wonderful history and current events of island. Loved the swim in the Titou Gorge and Walk down to Trafalgar Falls. Donaldson had our safety as his number one concern. He was with us every part of the trip. Domenica is a beautiful island and this tour was one of the highlights of our cruise

I also highly recommend Donaldson and Nature Isle Explorers. We just returned from a cruise on Serenade of the Seas and took the "Most Captivating" tour during our stop in Dominica which took us to Middleham Falls, Titou Gorge and Trafalgar Falls. This tour was definitely the highlight of our trip.

My husband and I just booked a tour with Donaldson after hearing some of the rave reviews on here.Quick question...Are the fees for the falls and Champagne Bay separate from the cost that is paid to Donaldson?

Thank you in advance! We are looking forward to this tour!!!

My husband and I just booked a tour with Donaldson after hearing some of the rave reviews on here.Quick question...Are the fees for the falls and Champagne Bay separate from the cost that is paid to Donaldson?

Thank you in advance! We are looking forward to this tour!!!

Yes. You pay Donaldson while on the tour, and he buys the passes for the sites for you. You pay him at the end of the tour for the tour itself.

We had so much fun on the tour, my DD still talks about it as the highlight of the cruise.

I posted a review with lots of photos that is linked in my signature, if anyone is interested. The section about our tour in Dominica begins with Post #109, page 6.

Doing a tour with them on the 7th february and we are going to

Trafalgar falls

Titou gorge.

screws spar

champaigne reef.

Has anyone else been on this tour and what was it like

Also how many of you will be joining my wife and myself on this tour.

• 2 weeks later...

We agree with the great reviews here for Nature Island Explorers, it is all true! We took the tour on 27th January 2011 to Middleham Falls, Titou Gorge, Trafalgar Falls and a bonus extra to Champagne bay with Donaldson Magloire and had a great day. Donaldson and the driver were fantastic. The pace of the tour was just right, we saw and experienced a lot without being rushed. Definitely recommended.

We were a bit apprehensive about the hike to Middleham Falls, some websites say it is a very hard 2-hour hike! It took us just over the advertised 45 minutes each way, the path is rough in places with some clambering over rocks but well maintained and shouldn’t cause any problems to anyone with a reasonable fitness level.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this same tour with Donaldson and ninja man! EXCELLENT! Our tour was the 15th of Feb. 2011. Middleham Falls, Titou Gorge, Trafalga Falls, and Champagne reef! We are a couple around 50 and our 13year old daughter. This was the highlight of our cruise. We've been on 6 cruises and this was the best shore excursion we've had! This was a terrific way to see the island. When we go back to this beautiful place we will contact Donaldson again!!

• 2 weeks later...

Donaldson always has his blackberry with him and answers very quickly.....even if just to say he is on tour and that he will respond at the conclusion of his tour. Please check the email you are using and definitely try again. You will have the best tour with him.

• 3 weeks later...

We did the Jewels of Dominica ($45pp) which included Titou Gorge, Trafalgar Falls and snorkeling at the Champagne Reef. Unfortunately for us, the water was too choppy and noone on the tour went in the water. I wish Donaldson had called ahead to find out the conditions and substitute something else or cut the price. However, it was a gorgeous day and Donaldson was an excellent guide.

Edited by mary_228
typo

Yes, they are still in business. I just heard from Donaldson and he is in the process of renewing the web site. The following is his contact information.

Director of Nature Isle Explorers

Laudat

Roseau

Commonwealth of Dominica

Cell #: 767-615-9288

767-245-9156

info@***************

http://www.***************

We used Donaldson's services in January after reviewing his recommendations here and on Trip Advisor. He has superior email communication for the planning stages of your trip and provides a very professional, fun, safe, informative adventure for your stop in Dominica. His tour was the highlight of our 14 day cruise!!! Enjoy!!!!

Yes, they are still in business. I just heard from Donaldson and he is in the process of renewing the web site. The following is his contact information.

Director of Nature Isle Explorers

Laudat

Roseau

Commonwealth of Dominica

Cell #: 767-615-9288

767-245-9156

info@***************

www.***************

We used Donaldson's services in January after reviewing his recommendations here and on Trip Advisor. He has superior email communication for the planning stages of your trip and provides a very professional, fun, safe, informative adventure for your stop in Dominica. His tour was the highlight of our 14 day cruise!!! Enjoy!!!!

Thank you so much for the information. I am deciding between them and Bumpiing Tours-both seem to get equally good reviews. I am very much looking forward to Dominica. Glad to hear that you really enjoyed your tour. Which one did you take?

We did the tour that included Tutou Gorge, Trafalgar Falls, and Champagne Reef. Donaldson suggested we start out early which enabled us to swim at the Gorge before the larger tour groups arrived. The swim was magical!! Donaldson provided us with personal attention at each stop, always mindful of our safety. As we traveled Donaldson provided us with both history and current events of the island. He also injected humor which added to a fun, memorable day. You will enjoy your day with him.