Kids Capers for DREAM? Anyone, please?

Dengail

Dengail - If you check out the Family Cruises board (in the special interest cruising section on the main message board page) you can find some discussions of activities for the age group your interested in. Crusinmama06 (Michele) has put together a photobucket page with Camp Carnival Capers for several different ships. Here's the address for the pages - http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/ . I'm not sure if the Dream is among the ones posted there. But, as we've tried the various classes of ships the activities stay about the same. HTH

Thank you for replying. I have looked everywhere and quite a few have asked but no one has posted these so I'm just hoping someone thinks about it and can update us:) I have kids who will be in 2-5, 12-14, and 15-17. My main concern is the very difficult group 12-14, I'm hoping they have enough actual activities, not just mostly unsupervised hang out time which we have experienced before on some ships. Want to prepare my DS for hanging with mom and dad if this is the case haha.

Thank you for replying. I have looked everywhere and quite a few have asked but no one has posted these so I'm just hoping someone thinks about it and can update us:) I have kids who will be in 2-5, 12-14, and 15-17. My main concern is the very difficult group 12-14, I'm hoping they have enough actual activities, not just mostly unsupervised hang out time which we have experienced before on some ships. Want to prepare my DS for hanging with mom and dad if this is the case haha.

What you see posted for camps/clubs might not be what you have in way of activities for your sailing. It depends on the counselors and how many kids.

Yes, the 12-14 age group is VERY hard. THey do post activities but if there is not enough participation the activity gets cancelled. Kids this age group do not like the group activities thinking they are way too cool to be in a program.

Now the 2-5 age group-- is one i will be using come February. Mostly for craft time.

Dengail - I've checked with my DD (13) about the activities they did on our last cruise and compared those to the Circle C capers for the Triumph and the Destiny that is on the webpage I left the address for in my earlier post. According to DD they had the Play Station 2/Guitar Hero challenge, the scavenger hunts, disco parties, movies with club o2, karaoke, swimming party, and ice cream eating contests. She also said that there were other things that they had scheduled but cancelled because of lack of participation.

The cruise that DD was in Circle C was last January - there were perhaps 20-30 kids in that age group on board. But, as Serene56 said, that age group sometimes thinks they are too cool to do "camp stuff".

Haven't seen these posted anywhere yet. We are sailing Western in Dec. Anyone care to post these? Thanks so much!

I may have the Kids capers or something similar at home for the DREAM. We sailed the Dream last New Years '09/'10. I can't promise anything but I'll try to look tonight. If so it may also take me a day or two to get them scanned. I'll let you know.

Archived