Royal Caribbean worth more than Carnival

Paul65

Just looked up the current stock price and I saw that RCL had edged ahead of CCL, $41.80 to $41.79 . . .

(I know this is not really a meaningful comparison. Carnival has more shares, so it's still much bigger in total market capital, but it's the first time I've seen the per share price of RCI ahead since I became a shareholder a couple years ago.)

I would have guessed that Carnival stock would have plummeted during the Splendor fiasco...and then promptly go back up from people scooping up shares at a low price. Was there a correlation with last week's events? :confused:

No. I watched the stock prices when this happened. RCI was gaining on Carnival before the Splendor incident.

RCL is back in the lead!!! Can they hold their lead until the closing bell??? :)
I love it!:D Since last year I believed this day would come. I recall in 2009 when the stock was in the neighborhood of $5/per share - I was reading threads on the CCL board to get info on the Dream which I would be sailing on. I recall a lot of chatter & boasting by some of the Carnival cheerleaders over there that once RCL stock goes to $0.00 & they have to declares bankruptcy (due to their with the mountain of debt with the Oasis project) that CCL would swoop in and buy up all the Royal Caribbean ships and that would be the end of RCCL. Ha-ha, yeah right!

Guys the share price does not mean they are worth more then CCL overall. You have to look at the market cap which is number of outstanding shares multiplied by current stock price.

RCL is 9.06 Billion

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=rcl&ql=1

CCL is 32.83 Billion

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ccl&ql=1

This does not mean whatsoever that Carnival is better than RCL is my eyes. They acquired a lot of brands many years ago outbidding RCL on Princess and other ones.

Anyone lucky to get RCL near $5 back in March of 08?

Guys the share price does not mean they are worth more then CCL overall. You have to look at the market cap which is number of outstanding shares multiplied by current stock price.

RCL is 9.06 Billion

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=rcl&ql=1

CCL is 32.83 Billion

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ccl&ql=1

This does not mean whatsoever that Carnival is better than RCL is my eyes. They acquired a lot of brands many years ago outbidding RCL on Princess and other ones.

Anyone lucky to get RCL near $5 back in March of 08?

I think that most know this. I believe that the reason for the OP posting this thread was due to the current price of RCI's stock against Carnival. Nothing more or less. A year ago many on this site was ready to hand RCI over to Carnival stating that RCI was going under and Carnivore was going to swoop in and pick off RCI's fleet. Of course a year later and things look a little different for RCI.

I think that most know this. I believe that the reason for the OP posting this thread was due to the current price of RCI's stock against Carnival. Nothing more or less. A year ago many on this site was ready to hand RCI over to Carnival stating that RCI was going under and Carnivore was going to swoop in and pick off RCI's fleet. Of course a year later and things look a little different for RCI.

More room to grow with RCL in my opinion. I'm kicking myself for not buying more when it was beat down that bad. Same goes with LVS ... ouch

Funny thing is, #1 rule of investing when you hear a lot of people saying garbage like that do the opposite.

Remember ethanol, everyone saying it was the next solution to oil/gas price went really high then the butcher and everyone else was saying buy, time to sell.

Oil at $150+ everyone talking about how it was going to $300 in the short term. Every news station said the same. time to sell.

Just do the opposite of what the average joe does on most trades and you will be very successful.

Archived