Tipping Guidelines - Chef's Table?

BabsterA

We didn't tip. I made sure my DH had a $20 but honestly the opportunity never presented itself. Our Chef was Master Chef of the entire Princess Fleet, Alfredo Marzi ..I think he'd have been insulted. And the serving staff came and went. The best I can do is rave about how wonderful it was and to get them more business.

Agree; not only did no one at ours tip but there was never really an appropriate moment for it. The staff doesn't line up as you're leaving; in fact, by the time we struggled to our feet in that food- and wine-induced haze, most of the waiters had disappeared, the maitre d' was chatting off to the side with one couple while the Chef was deep in conversation with the ass't MD/headwaiter (who was soooooo gorgeous that I was hoping for a chance to go flirt but was thwarted; thanks a lot, Chef Ulrich, for standing between me and a romantic fantasy).

It would be really tough to figure out who to tip. A lot of people serve you throughout the meal and all do it very well. We made arrangements to have dinner as a group on the last night of our cruise because we all go on really well. The main waiter from our Chef's Table waited on us on that night as well. I did tip him after that meal but for his current service. I truely believe that the staff is compensated as part of the premium price since it is their only table on that night. A sincere "Thank you"... all be it with a possible slur after all the Chef's Table drinking... is all you need.

Archived