EPIC Category BA - Aft Balcony?

kaitlynangel

We sailed the Epic in August. We had an aft facing Penthouse and a connecting aft facing BA on deck 12. They were terrific.

Look for the link to my webshots galleries in my signature below. There you will find extensive video and photo tours of the 2 cabins.

We sailed the Epic in August. We had an aft facing Penthouse and a connecting aft facing BA on deck 12. They were terrific.

Look for the link to my webshots galleries in my signature below. There you will find extensive video and photo tours of the 2 cabins.

thanks so much zimomiller, my daughter and her boyfriend are staying in 10324 she will be excited to see the pictures of that cabin. thanks again

• 2 months later...

I have stayed in a BA cabin in back. I love the back, have stayed in a penthouse also in bad. It is very quiet. The room is the same size as I had friends down the hall, but the beds are near the deck, not bathroom, which was a big complaint of my friends, sleeping with head in bathroom.

The are changing the name of the deluxe balcony cat to mini suite. They is no way these rooms should be mini suites. They are the smallest rooms I have ever been in. The beds are so close even when separated like you are sleeping together.

I am going back on the epic from barcelona in Sept. I love the boat, hate the rooms. But doing this trip you definitely will not be in room much.

• 5 months later...
we are staying in a aft cabin, 10324 this Sat.. i will post reviews. anyone who wants info, email me at ed_anzore@yahoo.com

we are in aft cabin 13283 on deck 13, this is a wheelchair friendly cabin but it did not state this when we booked it. my nephew who works for the TA informed us at a later date but said he had rang ncl and they said it was ok but if someone with a wheelchair or a disability requested it then they would move us and was i ok with that which i agreed. the cabin and balcony is half the size AGAIN then a standard cabin

• 3 months later...

Great thread! Thank you so much to everyone!!! We have booked cabin # 13287 (aft balcony, starboard) and are very excited! The cabins are so *small* (compared to other ships) but the balcony and the views probably cannot be beat!!! Thanks to all and to the picture posters as well! Most helpful! Just hoping sink isn't in my head! Dee

• 2 weeks later...

People do love these aft cabins but I would never book one just because we were participating in a cabin crawl when the thrusters were turned on for manuevers. It was horrible. Loud vibrations - the whole back end shook. I don't know how many times the thrusters would be used during a cruise but it was enough to make me say no for future trips.

@jdvmd -

I hear ya about the commotion aft.

Between the screws (propellers) being reversed and the aft lines being released and drawn tight, it is indeed noisy in the aft neighborhood. We consider it part of the charm of being on a ship, and it does not bother us. Furthermore, on our next Epic TA we'll have only one stop (Funchal), so nothing to worry about.

via iPod touch and Tapatalk.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...